Monday, July 26, 2010

Midsummer Vegetation

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2010

I've been having alot of fun with Blogger Errors on my browser. I would've posted alot sooner, but again, I'm wasting all my free time crashing out in the editor. Guess it'll wait another day...
Post Pre-dated:
.
The marsh grass across the parking lot from fav beach is tall n beautiful, this year full of the wild HogWeed blooms.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2010I finally have a red root resembling an edible beet out on the deck! Don't know how much longer I should wait to pick it. The seed envelope states they grow 3 inches across. It's half that size. Even tho it's covered with hardware wire next to the white turnips, I'm paraniod the critters will get it before me!
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2010The squirrels chewed up half of my Brown-Eyed Susans this morning. (Before munching pic here). Earlier this week they killed off the Canterbury Bells perrenials I've had untouched for years (same container). So today I wasted another fresh garlic clove to cut-up out there to slow them down.
.
If I hadn't chicken wire n hardware wired most of the containers- I bet most would be all dug up by now...
.
I'm glad they're leaving the pretty petunias alone at least...
(So Far- ** Knock on the wooden deck...)

3 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Those rascally squirrels! They'd better leave your beets alone! They've taken a liking to my lilies this year - sheared a whack of tops off. I guess they think we're kind enough to plant a smorgasbord just for them! I love the field shot - the perspective is beautiful!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Fire the cat
don't feed
the dog
and make
your kids
stay out there
24 hours
a day
to play

Never mine just post this poem out there and you'll hear them dying laughing at the dumb Okie.

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, My Lilly bulb from last year dissappeared this spring too- Thats a huge marsh with six-foot-tall grass! I like walking down the path, but the bugs are very treacherous-

Ellis, The squirrels just like to torture me for not tossing bread from work out the window sooner- They do get fed in a different area-
Makes me feel like Grannie Klampett chasing crittters away with the shot gun- but I use the water squirt bottle!
24 hour s is what It'd take -
Cute poem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home