Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Swoosh

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 20 2010
.
.
.
Today wasn't particularly hot, as the past week has been. After a hurried dump run before it closed, n a few store errands, the sun finally came out of the clouds. It was just after high tide, n I made it to fav beach for the first time this month after five pm.
.
Before five there's danger of encountering a town parking attendant asking for a sticker, proof of residency, n a fee to park... Only during the summer season- This place is designated for town residents, n well hidden too.
When I arrived there were only a few cars, only one group of folks lounging on the beach, n just a couple folks out in the water.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth July 20 2010The bay water n wind was pretty calm for this place. I actually prefer a bit more wind to keep down the flying insect attacks. I brought a beach chair n lounged in the sunshine with the gulls for a bit before finally going into the water, n diving in finally! The water temp is currently in the 70F range here, very warm. My first swim was a short duration, take it easy- one. My arms n legs are very sore n bruised from the past few weeks of heavy work.
.
It would've been really peaceful except that one guy out in the water standing still with a friend was talking work stories non-stop the entire time. I went back n forth avoiding their zone, submerged n floated alot, then headed back to the beach.
.
I walked around with Digi-Cam while waiting to dry off a bit more, before sitting again a few more minutes, n chased little bugs off my legs. Total beach time about an hour, leaving about one hour before sundown. (The bugs would only get worse-)
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth July 20 2010
After rinsing off there was plenty of time to get to the D-bridge between the two coves very near home to take in yet another beautiful sunset, before continuing errands n chores. (You'll see more of these later-)
.
After a drought of July pics since that first week, I made up for it today by getting tons! Cam batts are dead again...
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth July 20 2010
.
.
.
So finally three weeks into July, we got some rain here, I got to swim, n I took more pics to help share my day...
(I smell an ice cream break coming on...)

11 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Oh I love that last photo the most (all good though.) The boats in the water, the sunset, the community. Just lovely. What a beautiful place to live, Snaggle.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I love this place, n go crazy so I can still be here- just wish I had more time to feel good n enjoy it tho-

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

You have fun
in that water you see
but there's too many
sharks in it for me

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I used to go way out there swimming, but I'm far more cautious than I used to be. Several boats had waterskiers were out there, n at least other folks were around- Most often I'm all alone tho!
I used to leap off sailboats in the middle of the bay in 40+ feet of water, with nothing to fear.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

yes, that last photo is so mazing, i bet my Jannie steels it for she computer background todae.

glad yoo went swiming, evin if the bugs wonted to eet yoo.

nice pitchers.

xo

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

It sounds like you had a good time. Very peaceful. Like the photo of your foot! :D

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

BB, tell Jannie she has speshul purrmee shunn. I like the two people on the deck n the moon. Bugs are the worst part of outside, but it wasn't too bad that day.

LLcoolJ, My idea of a good time, even tho wasn't as hot as I like to jump in. thanks- i take lots of pics of toes in water, but post very few- like the distortion.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

this last pic - is so serene and so inviting. I am glad I am headed for the beach in a week

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi David, always good to hear from you- Heading for S.Diego again or have you finished the wooden Kayak? Lucky you, I'll have to go see...

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

glad you finally were able to take a tip. I prefer going swimming later in the day-after work for me.. it is cooler and i am less likely to burn. I managed to miss this post when it cam ethrough my feed.. just thought I'd swing by to check- glad I did!

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I am paranoid to swim alone near dusk tho- feeding time for the fishies- Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home