Friday, February 05, 2010

Thin Ice

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2010 .
.
.
Today was bright, sunny, n chilly, n I slept thru most of it. Having less sleep n money recently is really wearing me down. I got up n out in the last hour of daylight for errands.
.
First, I checked the B-cove for signs of ice. The tide left a thin sheet like glass high n dry ontop of the marsh grass until the water returns.
.
I wanted a pic of some of the ducks n geese sitting on the B-cove's ice, but they took off the moment they saw me coming down the path toward the water. Birds tend not to come out well on my cam, anyways. The ice hasn't built up much this week, or it'd be white out there.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2010 .After picking up the mail I took a walk around the village pier at sundown. The colors were subdued without clouds to reflect upon. I'm grateful to get some sunshine on my face, n enough time, n ambition to explore n click a few.
.
Air pressure was put in a low tire at the gas station, then a short trip to the market for supplies was accomplished. Finally, I tracked down the state tax forms at the library, open until 8 pm today, where I haven't been in awhile. I want to spend more time there this year.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2010

My next priority reading will be tax instructions tho. Nevermind a stack of books at home still unread, mostly non-fiction. Next week my Days Off are changed to cover a co-workers vaca, so I'll have to work six days in a row without any break for rest, pics, n errands.
.
I won't be blogging as much in the next few weeks, involuntarily. There's simply too much to do in too little time. February is a short month, n my funds need a boost.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2010My 'Puter needs more hard-drive space ASAP, n Windows updates won't even fit for security. Nothing can be done about it until the bux, n time. I'll get around to read as I can, but less often (Not every day :( ). Several upcoming needs will require missed days of sleep I also can't afford.
.
Now Day Off time is over, n I'm off skating thru February on thin ice...
I'm waiting for the icebergs to build....

10 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I love the patterns that the marsh grass makes under ice. And I'm glad you got to get out and enjoy some rays and some beautiful vistas since you have such a hectic period right now, Snaggle.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

How beautiful all that is. Thanks for sharing, Snaggle.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

That first one is so pretty, such delicate ice.

And the last one so nice too, with the sun doing that shining thing it does.

Snag, could you delete all pix you don't think you want to keep? I've been doing that lately and freeing up a lot of space on my hard drive, as all those pix add up.

xo

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

hay, gues wot?

i pretty shur i seed my jannie writting you a letter to send wit the maleman, but just a sekrit, okay??

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, I can hear the grass crying "Let me out! This is heavy!" I'm amazed I even got out early enough, how tired I've been. Thanks for your support- I have to make the most of the few free minutes I have.

Lynn, thankyou. That's the B-cove for the first 3, n the pier at the other side of the village in the last pic. This place is nearly an island.

JanF, Glad you like the pics picks. Thanks for your suggestion. All my pics n documents tho, are already on another drive. I've had to dump applications to free up windows space. The drive is too small for windows updates- I need a new one.

BB, Thanks for the tip-off!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Nice pics.

Can understand about the lack of time.

Do what you can with us and we'll be more than satisfied.

We'll be here when have more time.

Because even a little bit of you goes a long way.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Ahhhhhh.

Computers!

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, Still trying to keep up reading, but it's early in the week! Thanks for the compliment!

JanF, yep! Always getting old, out-dated, n never roomy enough!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I can feel the cold from here! Love the ice shots.

Aww G is such a charmer isn't he? :D Damn I wish I could be so charming! :D lol

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, still fairly Brrh here, about to get a big snowfall too- n gotta work!
G's a good neighbor, n nice too! Hope he didn't hear us (of course he did...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home