Thursday, March 05, 2009

Utter Stuff

Photo by SnaggleTooth March 2009
.
.
.
.
Grrrh... The people downstairs have returned from wherever they'd gone. Rats! I'd been hoping they wouldn't return, but no such luck. It's back to constant loud noise, idiotic stuff going on, witnessing excessive party behavior, n many more missed sleep hours.
.
We had another gangbuster NorEaster snowstorm this week. It's been crustily frozen here ever since. My back really hates shoveling the frozen crusty driveway lumps n plow-droppings, but I did the porch, walk, storm drain, n my half of the driveway.
.
The kids didn't bother shoveling their half of the driveway. One decided to try to just plow thru the snow piles with an suv, but plowed into Little Truck's passenger door in the process! So Monday I got woken up early with a "Sorry I hit your truck." Then I had to stay up all night for work. What a great way to start the week...
.
Now I anticipate getting to miss more n more sleep for estimates, getting it fixed, n back to functional door condition. The window didn't shatter, but can't open because of the dent. It's not safe to have a passenger in the truck cab until it's replaced. You can hear n feel the breeze coming in, n temp's been in the sub-z's, Little Truck's not holding in the heat very well. If a vehicle hits the same door again, meantime, the internal brace-bar is bent, so it could cave in easily to injure who-ever is sitting there. No rides!
.
Once again, life's all about more time I can't afford, n more hassle for my nerves to handle. Instead of getting tax forms squared away, I'm doing all this unplanned stuff-
.
My digi-cam's memory card got some of the less important pics deleted to make a little space. Then I needed toe pics, Little Truck door pics, n took more snow pics today on my daylight, Day Off walk. Now the memory card is totally full again. I'll prob get a new one soon, anyhow. I have to do something to calm my over-tired nerves.
.
Now, back to reading tax instructions, n hoping this form pencil ballet results in a few dollars back for my many hours of trouble...

8 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger sheila said...

I really like the way your blog is set up. Nice pics throughout! And I hear ya on the kids and cars. My daughter ((sigh)) backed into her friends car, in our driveway...and it was like 'no big thing' to her. I was scratching my head, she says..."Isn't that why we have insurance?" I said, "Uh, no, but let's hope you have enough money saved to cover the repair!" DUH.

Hope you get rid of your downstairs neighbors soon! That's really gotta suck! Good luck!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

ugh.. that's annoying. They should have offered to pay for the repair... atleast you got a note, I suppose. mind boggling why they didn't bother to shovel.. when I"m in a hurry, I'll atleast shovel the paths behind my tires, and the snow plow pile enough that I can get over. idiots.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Patricia said...

I am so sorry all of this is snowing around you and you are missing sleep.
It always seems to come in 3s...and then it gets better (I hope!)

Your neighbors need to pay for damages - Wow all because they did not think things through aargh!

I had to walk to take my taxes in today 4 miles, at least the snow is holding off until tomorrow. My finance program went crazy on me corrupting my computer...so I had to do it all by hand...wow was that a nightmare and time cruncher.

I hope everything turns for the better and some sunshine comes your way too. I will be thinking about you.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Well, it's alway something, isn't it?

Can you get some good earplugs, then cover those with ear protectors?

Arrg.

I hope you get some $$ back too. A least you dont' have to pay some one to do them for you, right?

Cheers, and here's to getting Little Truck fixed without a lot of complications.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

what a beautiful shot.
what idiotic neighbors, call anonymously and tip off some one about the parties.
get even! squish them like bugs.

( not doing my "turn the other cheek" thing anymore)

Have a good weekend

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Sheila, Thanks for your visit, n on the ESR blog n pic compliments!
Young folks lack knowledge of piled up expenses n sacrifices made to pay them. In this state of MA, the points of an accident will cost a $1k over a few years future premiums. The landlord's spoiled grandkids are here until June. I can't wait-

MB, utterly clueless! The apple didn't roll far at all- They knocked n woke me. Got an estimate but they're out all week-end, so can't give it to them. Good thing I have experience taking bad news without reacting...

Patricia, I hope the 3-Bees does the trick- then the roll goes back upward- If they don't pay, then heads will roll, as I inform their upper family members.
I hope your machine is alright, sounds like a nightmare! The Tax walk was a long one, At least you're done tho- I'm still reading, n keep getting too tired to think straight. of course I need the refund asap, n hate getting side-stepped. We have until 4/15 for both Federal n State forms. The reading takes days.

JanF, Apparently this isin't my week for frivolity... Darn! No ear-plugs cus my ears will swell, plus the house-shaking would wake me anyhoo. Little Truck has to get a whole new door, considering doing the paint myself, just got no time.

David, thanks. pic's the woods across the road looking down hill on a path. No one's tracks were ahead of mine yet. I like it that way.
I think the idiot drivers know I'm very ticked off n chose to party elsewhere this week- yay- (n boo, I want to hand them the bill).

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Snaggle Tooth, I don't know how I overlooked this post. Oh, boy, I can only imagine how beyond frustrating these people are to deal with and yet I read your words and you sound resigned...and I look at that photo and I see your artistic eye is strong and pure.

I hope they pay for all the damage to Little Truck without any hassle and I really hope they soon wear out their seemingly endless party behaviour and aren't like energizer bunnies that keep going and going...

So far our snow has 90 percent vanished and we're all fingers/eyes/toes crossed that we've seen the end of the white stuff for this winter season...we've gotta have hope, as you know!

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, I suppose I am resigned to the invasion aggrivation n sleep deprivation. Yet, I don't wish ill towards them. I just prefer to be left alone. If they were my kids they'd be in for a heckofa lecture.
They prob'll have no party money after this, you'd think. But what seems like alot to me may seem like a little money to them. I hope I can get the damage fixed soon, because I hate how it makes me feel.
Lets hope shovel time has packed it up for the year- Tonights melted! yay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home