Saturday, February 14, 2009

Val

Puter image by SnaggleTooth 2009
Do you jump thru hoops for Valentine's Day? I know some folks who refuse to participate because it's all a commercial to put money into the merchant's pocket.
.
I don't know about you, but I'll be buying n eating some 50% off candy tomorrow...
.
Mostly I think of my Dad on this holiday, because he always got me a heart box of candies every year, even after I moved out. My Mom would always get a dozen red roses, n put them in a vase on the table all week. Thanks for those good memories, Dad's ghost.
.
Mostly I've gotten cards, n hugs. So far in my life, I only remember two Val Days when I actually got flowers n candy from some one who mattered to me. Yes, one guy bought me a mixed flower bouquet n I was allergic to some of them! He was too cheap to get roses, or even one, which would be no problem, but hadn't ask me, which kills the surprize factor, anyway. Please, no more chrysanthamums! My dream bouquet would be roses with daisies, which I haven't ever received yet.
.
Folks who get to know me now would know I prefer dark chocolate assortments. It's all too pricey to even expect any before the day after sales, these days. I agree it's a waste of cash.
.
Luckily, showing you care never costs more than you have, n doesn't need a holiday...

8 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

Happy V day -
you are loved by the greatest lover of all.
You are held by an eternal promise.
Your place in this universe is appointed and anointed by the King of kings. You are special

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

While shopping for food tonight I did see many a bundle of flower in many a young man's arm. A lot of pressure on the guys to ante up.

And for the first time in my life, I bought, washed, de-hulled, skewered and dipped strawberries in melted chocolate. Oh and bananas too. The Child was responsible for that. And it was good.

E-Mail me your P.O. box number (or even your Real Address and I'll send some dark chocolate your way.

I really will. Hopefully after all these months you have eliminated me for an axe-murdering type? :)

Love is with you, special lady. It surely is

J
xo

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, thankyou for your praises. I suppose the Creator is my Fav Val, n knows it.

JanF, There's alot of pressure for guys not to blow it. Many I've known did! A money-show shouldn't matter so much. Chocolate dipped strawberry-banana sounds great, n messy- what fun!
Waiting a day for the goodies doesn't bother me. Thanks. Lv-U2 n you too!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I had to laugh at the grocery store Friday night - so many men in the "8 items or less" checkout holding boxes of chocolates and cello-wrapped bouquets. I've never been one for the Valentine's Day stuff...and told my hubby that many, many years ago. It's the unexpected little surprises throughout the year that get me...when he brings home a bar of my favorite chocolate (dark of course!) because he saw it and knew I would enjoy it or he calls to tell on a Tuesday morning he made a reservation at our favorite Italian restaurant for that night or he makes sure to throw de-icer on the steps on his way out in the morning, so I won't go flying... It's definitely the day-to-day little things...

I remember so many women practically tapping their nails impatiently on desktops in the office, waiting for the flower delivery at work so they would have the prerequisite display of roses. I don't understand that sort of "contrived" romance...

I hope you enjoy every morsel of the candy which will be just as sweet today as they were yesterday, Snaggle Tooth.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Oh, and I forgot to say that daisies are my favorite flowers too. Years ago, a guy I was dating at the time went to sooooo many florists to get daisies for Valentine's. They just didn't have any in stock, but he perserved and I got a beautiful bouquet and I really appreciated the fact that he remembered they were my favorite and he went to so much trouble. That was the only bouquet I ever got on Valentine's Day...

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, The line reeked of perfume I was allergic to at our market- guys trying fragrances- The last minute rush crowd is quite a show every year! The day to day demonstrations of caring definately prove love more effectively. I also hate when women expect high-end gifts or else.
Daisys are great- because they have personality. I like the contrast between them n the classy roses. So different from each other!
Points for thoughtfulness do count. I like folks with persistance also.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Speaking of Val, Val Kilmer I always find quite easy on the eyes.

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I suppose folks could do a search for him n end up reading ESR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home