Sunday, March 01, 2009

March In

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2009
.
.
.
.
Doesn't this pic make you want to climb in that little boat n speed thru the deserted water?
.
Why is it that just when I've had enough time off to be able to think clearly it's time to go get exhausted at work again? I've been sleeping better with the quiet, but for some reason I'm just not feeling rested yet. I guess you can't make up for a month of sleep deprivation in one week.
.
Actually, I've been pushing myself to wake up to accomplish more stuff in the afternoons this week. Daylight is lasting until after 5pm again. I only feel like doing stuff around the house when it's light outside because I can see better. The mundane chores have been building up since my finger was out of commission. Then another metal thing unexpectedly fell out of a rack on my big toe just before work was over Friday. Insult upon injury... Lovely black n blues are going on here.
.
I got all spoiled with the above frozen temps this week, just in time for March to roar in like a lion. Here comes a double storm whammy to drive in n home from work for the day. Sleet n snow, with the bigger stormy bonanza for the second act while driving home. Chills n thrills of bad weather driving begins my new month of expectations.
.
March on...

14 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

the water looks great. Power or not I love being close to it.
the paddling this year has saved my sanity, now I am turning all evangelistic, and trying to "turn everyone on" to the joys of paddling on a quite body of water.
Shalom, peace

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Sorry you had the whole "in like a lion" experience...here it's been freezing cold, but sunny and a trace of snow. I guess we'll be experiencing the "out like a lion" in four weeks time!

That photo is great. I definitely would love to climb in there and go exploring.

I hope the multi-hued toe heals quickly - ouch!! You're right - you'll never catch up on the lost sleep, but hopefully you'll feel properly rested soon.

Next Sunday the clocks spring forward, so you'll have even more daylight to entice you. I'm just dying for the warmer temps to join in!

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I'm better in rowboats or canoes for paddling, but really like outboards. Wish I had my own boat. I could use more peace of mind-

Talon, NorEaster's can be fun, but I hate driving in them! This makes 5 storms driven in this season. I'm tired of the shoveling, plus regular tired-.
There are alot of nooks n coves to explore around here. My village is almost an island.
The toe had natural ice-on today out there, n needed it.
Thanks for the reminder about Spring ahead- getting to work on time will be difficult tho-

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Oh sleet and storms, how lovely (when you're not actually living in it all winter.)

That picture makes me want to write a poem about a boat I used to own called Lonesome Charley. And kind of makes me want to do a fandango the full length of that long dock too.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

posted some new "heron" pictures for you to enjoy

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Sure makes a FL vaca sound nice, huh? There's a folk song about 5-cent Charley stuck on the "T" in Boston, stuck on the subway due to being broke n an exit fee-
"Did he ever return? oh no he never returned, n his fate is still unlearned, doot-de-doot, doot- He may ride forever on the streets of Boston, He's the man, who never returned!"

David, Thankyou, I'll get over there soon.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Skye said...

Hi,
I was wondering how you were doing, now I know. Take care of your self. Can't have you all b&b that's no good. That picture is so inviting.

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Skye, hi! Thanks for checking in- Yep I'm so sore. Hope all is ok with you too.

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Using up the words.... said...

Oh my goodness. Keep safe, won't you.
Certainly a crazy way to bring in the month.
As for the blacks and blues... hope the colours could remind you of something else.
Get better, and catch the zzzz's when you can.
xx

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

CJ, Good to hear from you again, too! It seems I'm being put to the test this week. Somehow I keep going. Deep Purple, now that was a cool rock band! No good rest this week, but thanks.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Snag, I neer heard that song.

Why didn't he just jump the turnstile like any self-respecting subway thief??

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

why don't you ever let me know when your off work so we can see you? I hope your tootsie is feeling better!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Legend has it 5-cent Charley was too honestly stuborn to break the law. Most folks around Beantown hear the street musicians play it.

BBM, Sorry I'm busy being invaded lately, too tired, n can't think early. btw- same days off. I'll call you soon.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Oh yeah, Is this Old Home Week?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home