Thursday, February 19, 2009

RnR

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 19 2009
.
.
.
What a week I'm having!
.
The people downstairs have been away from home. All the cars are gonzo! It prob has something to do with Spring Break n not wanting to miss the big party in Can Cun, I surmise. Maybe they went back to CT, or are in a hospital somewhere, but my bet is on vaca, due to the amount of partying demonstrated already.
.
I'm having a working vaca of quietude, myself. Just wish I could've planned more sleep hours ahead. It figures I have to get up early to get things done this week. A bunch of odds n ends around town finally got taken care of after being put off for weeks. I made it to the bank's office. This pic was taken in back of it, in the center of town.
.
Finally, I hunted down paper tax forms. I wanted my forms done three weeks ago to head off the electric heat bill at the pass. Usually the Gov sends form 1040 form instructions in the mail to me every year by the end of January. Also, one of the local Post Offices used to always have a ton of them in the lobby. This year, Nada. Nunca.
.
Our library has lost two-thirds of it's funding in two years. The hours have been cut so low, it lost accreditation n state funding. Of the four days it's open, today is the only one it's open more than four hours! Guess where I had to get the forms- The Library reference section.
.
In addition to the needed forms, I didn't get out of there without a few dirt cheap used books on sale. I figure that's a good way to contribute to the cause, plus stay entertained while waiting for the oil change, Rx, n stuff.
.
Alot got done this week. Unfortunately, I had a slight, rude, casualty at work. Due to two large, heavy metal racks smacking my left-hand middle-finger, I'm now giving every one a salute with a finger splint on. I won't be playing my guitar for a few days, either. I keep trying to do an impossible amount of work in too little time. (Yes, I went back to work with a bad hand, n still do a better job than most folks there- can't afford more lost hours)
.
Ya know how some bosses are complete idiots? Note to employers: You do not raise work moral n productivity by posting a sign on the office door stating "We have lost truck #-- There will be layoffs. There is no other way."
.
I can think of one. Many folks are already taken off the schedule. All remaining hourly employees have taken unpaid, progressively more hour cuts the past several weeks, (n now they want to cut more). Have the salaried people taken any cuts? No, n they're working less time than before. Has the General Manager taken a cut? No- Only 5k pays for a dozen employees in a week. Be Fair! (that's what I can think of as another way)
.
On the bright side, no one is waking me up with loud noise every five minutes. Getting four whole hours in a row plus, is letting me get more restful REM sleep in, with strange dreams too- Yay! The snowfall the other day melted before shovel-time, yay! I'm not in trouble for giving everyone at work the finger, yay!
.
Well, back to the tons of reading lined up on the table- Tax instructions, four books, n the local paper... (Ok, blogs too)...

6 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

you sound GOOD, thank God.
Hoping the neighbors don't come back and that the salaried gents will see the light..
yes I am a dreamer
good movie= New in Town, w Rene Zellweger

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I'm so glad you're having some much deserved quiet.

Yeah, it really sucks that the whole "tightening the belt" scenario only seems to apply to hourly workers.

I'm sorry you hurt your finger, but how great you can send out a message without getting any flak for it!

I wish I could take a pic like that from behind my bank - that's beautiful!

I hope you enjoy a beautiful, quiet weekend, even if you can't play guitar.

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, The quiet is doing wonders because I've missed it so much! That sounds ideal. Trying to figure out dreams is a good distraction sometimes. I'll prob see that film when prev-viewed copies go on sale at the Vid store.

Talon, It definately improves the quality of my time. Management has been very unfair. My finger is painful, n everyone asked to see it too! This whole town is bays, coves, penninsulas, islands, n estuaries (what that is). I hope the whole week-end is quiet too, n I really wanna play (cause I know I can't)!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Oh, so that's how you hurt your finger. Is it feeling any better now?

Can only hope for you the peace n quiet will hold up.

And can you download any tax forms?

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, when you consider I have to use my hands all day, every day at work, It's no fun having a painful to the touch on the tip finger joint situation. I'm trying to not use the digit until it heals more- pretty lumpy now- it'll be a few weeks.
Praise God it's quiet again today-whew- SLEEPzzz.
I could wait a Longggg time for download (modem) but the printer is a bit screwed up lately- not worth it- need copies for State tax n other stuff. really don't wanna read the whole tax instruc. book online either- my eyes can't deal- Thanks anyway.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

I just want to say I really like the picture that accompanies this blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home