Friday, February 13, 2009

Wind Jette

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2009
.
.
.
A wind-whipped day I had for Day Off this week. Today was the warmest of the past few, unfrozen days in a row. Finally we had a decent thaw in the region. The wind was fierce out at my fav place today, so I'm amazed any of the pics I took are in focus. I was being pushed all over the place.
.
The warmth wasn't felt there either, due to the blasting wind-chill factor, even tho all the ice has melted. After my beach walk, my hands were frozen toast, even with gloves on. The entire day had been overcast with occassional showers until just before it was time to head home, when some breaks n peeks of sunlight lit the busy sky into interesting colors.
.
A brand-new orange dump sticker was placed on Little Truck's windshield today, n I was able to get there with enough daylight to spare for my best detour excuse.
If I didn't have a cam, I'd go there anyway. No where else on Earth makes me feel so good! Thank the Creator for my special place- I'm so lucky to know about this spot.
.
It's all downhill from the top rock of the Jette...
.
Where close by do you escape to?
Do you go toward people or away from them?
.
I should've been a hermit. If it wasn't for the internet connection, n work folks, I'd be one-

7 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

hmm.. where do I escape? I guess I don't usually these days, but when I lived down there, I would take long walks around the beach... start at the boat ramp head towards the stone bridge all the way to shell point.

I find it hard to escape and wander these days without feeling like I'm leaving my kids out.

and you better believe I wouldn't let you be a hermit! I'd call C and have her pound your door down!! :P

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I love the perspective in that shot, Snaggle Tooth. It's wonderful to have a place where you can simply "be"...

When I'm writing, I'm totally away from everything and everyone and I like that feeling of being in my own world. When I need to relax, I usually head outdoors to the garden or take the dogs out to this local lake-side park for a long hike. Any time I'm with nature, I'm at peace. I love my alone time (even if it's only 30 mins) and seek it out daily...and I completely understand your hermit tendencies. People wear me out.

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

You take awesome pictures Sis!!

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I never get to walk all the way around anymore, just too busy playng catch-up. I bet you can't even get away in the bathroom with the little ones.
N haven't seen those guys since the beginning of January for a couple minutes before work while delivering goodies- She's been working all my days off! I've been very alone lately.

Talon, Thanks. I like being in a spot where nothing is bugging me- n is amusing just to look at. Good point that nature can help give us peace. My plants n cat are my best daily company.
People tend to frustrate n anger me, especially when they disregard n ruin the surroundings I treasure. (which happens alot here).
You're lucky you have good places to go.

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, how did you sneak in there? thanks.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I guess you did not mean the dump is your best place? :)

Here in Texas my special place used to be the usually vacant winter park by the lake. Too mnnay people ther now. Oh but the running trail downtown is my spot now I guess.

In Nova Scotia it's the beach across from our house. And in New Brunswick anywhere in the woods where the black bears, mosquitoes, blackflies, and mooseflies and are not around.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Getting to the dump across town before closing (4) was the outing excuse to be where the pic was taken for a sidetrip on the way home.
Sounds like you always manage to find a good spot, no matter where you are! Thanks for sharing-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home