Thursday, February 05, 2009

SunIce

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2009
.
.
.
.
With any luck, the news has claimed that the air temp will get way up into the thirties F by the week-end. I'm freezin the tail off here lately, even wearing all my layers. I'm supra-over-tired today, due to idiots with hammers waking me from getting more than an hour of sleep at a time today, then having to work all night. Now that I've slowed the bloodflow down for the day, I feel too cold, even with my hot-water bottle next to me.
.
It's a windchill will freeze any exposed face parts day. Hands under gloves still go completely numb after thirty seconds. Yesterday's snow is still crunchy n glittering underfoot. I can't get the ice n crusty stuff to melt off Little Truck's roof, grill, n bumpers yet.
.
I've got a Mill-chores to do if I can even function tomorrow. But if it's still this cold, I may opt to just nevermind the plans again- I reserve the option. After driving in yet another storm to work n back, then shoveling, then not sleeping because of loud people, followed by working to exhaustion again, I may keel. It's likely I won't get out to the beaches or pier for new pics yet.
.
This sunny pic from my last trip out there will suffice to brighten me up a little when I log on again, even if it looks like the "Artic on the Cape" Sunset. That beach is prob a windchill -50F right now- If you draw a line diagonally thru the planet from here, in Autralia, they're having the worst heat wave on record going on. Maybe that thought can help me think warm again-

8 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Love the title for the pic. It's beautiful...but it makes me go "brrrr!". We're supposed to get above the freezing mark tomorrow - with some rain thrown in to boot. Not that we need any more moisture. As it is, it will take a long time for the snow mountains to disappear. Of course, the thaw will be shortlived, but it will cheer us up. Here's hoping you get the same thing along with some peace and quiet so you can relax and do your errands quickly and without any hassle and then come home and grab those art supplies and produce something satisfyingly gorgeous.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, Thanks, I like inventing run-on words, new abbrv's, n un-nesissarily-Hyphenated phrases for effect. Seems we're on the same weather program! The huge tractor piles at the shopping plazas are really unsafe to drive around.
Thankyou for all your well-wishes n from your comment into reality would be great!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Damn this picture is gorgeous! I've been wanting to take a trip to the Erie or Huron shores in winter. You've encouraged me to finally get off my duff!

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Carmi, I've been waiting 2 years for more time to try sea ice pics. This year I had to to see what little-Digi would do, n yep, more surprizes! Thanks for the kudos- Luckily I don't have to stay out there long. Definately have artic-quality clothes for the wind-chill.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I remember in the 80s Sun-Ice was THE name in ski gear, not that a student like me ever could afford any but I did gloat at the rich kids on campus.

Hope you got some peace and quiet?

Thinking of you.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Thanks for reminding me of the brand name, I'd forgotten. I don't snow-ski, n thought maybe it was a drink name. There has been no quiet time here for a month now. Last week, they had friends with a dog staying over, which barked every time they left.
I'm becoming unbelievingly cranky- like "Oscar the grouch!"
This is a no win situation-

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

The Janus Torrell school of blogging also suggests doing a lot of ... and the occasional meh and song lyric.

Heat wave in Australia...yeah I figure about July I am going to miss winter again.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Janus, so good to hear from you again! The only thing i usually miss about winter is the quiet, which I'm not getting this year- More song lyrics is a good suggestion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home