Monday, January 12, 2009

N Baby it's Cold Outside

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2009
Alot of ice accidents have been happening around New England lately, because the ice hasn't been as strong as folks thought. Maybe after this week of single F's it will be tho-
.
This is the Mill Pond on the West side of town where I lived thirty years ago. It takes the salt water alot more time to freeze up. I hope I find time to go back to my fav beach in search of icebergs this winter. Check these ones out. I also previously posted a frozen wave. I haven't gotten any Digi-Cam frozen shots there yet.
.
Day Off was cancelled this week. I haven't done any errands n will be playing Catch-Up for some time.
.
I have some new neighbors who are making too much daylight noise so I can't get any sleep. Three days n I'm really getting grouchy. I'll prob chew some heads off in another week- They are expected to occupy there until June. I may not make it... (I like the winter quiet after not sleeping well all summer, now no winter sleep either- yikes!)
.
See ya when ever I get another free ten minutes without collapsing!

7 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I hope you manage to get some decent sleep. Being sleep deprived definitely makes us into cranky critters!

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, thanks- It's been a long 3 years of deprivation already with this night job. They're partying with a crowd over at 3am today- not even a week-end!
We really like our quiet in the winter here-

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

nice colors in this shot - we have plenty of ice, but not enough to hold up the ( plump) tourists. I should try to capture some early and late shots, thanks for inspiring me.
and for being a person of such faith. it does make all the difference to be connected to the Creator, doesn't it?

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I'm always trying to get out there before the sun sets. It's too low in the sky here this time of year. I need more inspiration myself-
Yes, the Creator is my main reason for what I do n don't do in this life.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

The old mill pond? Was that fed by the old mill stream?

Remember that old song, kind barbershop quartet-y?

And what the heck is this about missing your day off?!??! Sheer sacriliege. Time for me to go over there and bust some butt - no, not yours, but somebody's.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love the colours in the photo.

I found your blog via the link on your blogroll to my closed blog.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, actually the river's name begins with the "w" n runs to the following home I had on the south side of this town before moving to the eastern village here.
Day Off was moved another 5 days away- at the last minute the day before! We may need to use the paddle!

Jenty, Thanks. I believe I found you thru Carmi comments btw. Good luck with the new ID n domain. I'll update my links.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home