Saturday, December 27, 2008

RoarRH!

Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 2008

.
.
.
Nothing quite says Merry Xmas like the Tazmanian Devil! This year's addition to the neighborhood over-achiever's holiday display took me by surprise. Altho some children may resemble the imaginary, cartoon creature after receiving all their presents n candy, Taz's violent demeanor is contrary to the theme of the holiday.
.
We're supposed to be giving, relaxing, finding some peace, n celebrating the birthday of the Christian messiah figure-head. Even anti-Christians find some family togetherness time n festivities according to their own traditions, religions, or atheist inventions.
.
I resent not getting to follow the family traditions set in place by my parents, because I'm forced to work in order to survive. It's also quite a let-down for me not to be able to duplicate the extravaganza my parents managed to pull off year after year. They are such a tough act to follow! The economy has taken much of my holiday ability hostage.
.
This year the out-of-place, maniacal character has taken on augmented meaning in conjunction with the Peace celebration. First, a maniacal dressed-up as Santa, crazy guy enters a Xmas Eve party, shooting down his ex, inlaws, n party guests before setting the place on fire, n committing suicide.
How would you then deal with being a family survivor of the "Xmas Eve Massacre," on subsequent holidays?
.
Not well, certainly-
.
You're supposed to be celebrating birth n life, not death. What a contradiction, mourning with celebration... How confusing this must be for all those who lose loved ones on the holiday.
.
I thought I'd had a depressing time until I heard today from a friend, who's a young mother. She suffered the monumental loss of her mother on Xmas Day this year. This news hits home hard for me- I've known the deceased woman since my girls were in brownie Scouts decades ago. She was about my age, part of my peer group, a smart, wonderful, giving person, who spent many years hard at work teaching Special Ed kids. Only two years ago she retired on a pension, n was able to enjoy spending more time with her young grandchildren.
.

Not even two weeks ago she went to the ER with a digestive problem, then was transferred up to Boston when a mass was discovered. They'd all thought treatment would follow, n never suspected such a quick decline, n death, due to a perforation n ensuing sepsis causing systemic break-down. This is so depressing!
.
How do you wish some one going thru this tough situation to have a Merry Christmas in subsequent years? From now on for her family, the memory will stir-up a storm of negative feelings associated with the date. I'm always depressed about missing my parents on Xmas. The holidays are stressfull already, now add on more...


Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 2008.
.


.

.


.


The Tasmanian Devil has reared his inappropriate face in a happy n peaceful scene...

8 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

i would vote them off the cape.

thanks for your visits
and your prayers

I am buoyed up by the faithful labors of saints such as yourself

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, Folks seem to like lights no matter what the subject is- You are welcome, n desrving!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

holy cow. was that JJ who lost her mother?! that is so devastating. I can't even imagine who that must've been on the family. crazy.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I haven't watched t.v. or read news for over 2 months and my husband didn't tell me about that maniacal Santa killer, I had no idea. How freaking sad is that?

And also a sad time for you friend, how can she ever really be happy at Christmas again, with the momory of her mother's death on that day.

It all seems more than bearable but God is with us all and in time there will be no more sorrow of any kind. Even for the Taz Devil.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

That was so cool of you to comment on Catherine's f-ing 4-leaf-clover post.

Check my blog for an update post on her bad luck dilemma!

xo

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, ya, Your Sis's old Brownie scout leader from the West side of town- Where Eliz was the assistant leader. The little ones weren't told until the following day-
Scary to think about!

JanF, Since 911/01 I have to watch news! I'm afraid I'll miss something really important- I'm also a weather report junkie! The violence does get very depressing to hear tho- Maybe we should all sign a "No-Kill" agreement before dating...
My young friend is in denial mode, keeping very busy.
I actually like n can draw Taz (n painted him on a helmet). He's more loud, angry, n agressively violent than sad- but it'll take alot of time n maybe forever to not be sad on the holidays-
will check back soon-

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I was rather wordy here a year ago.

:)

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, But more importantly, did you remember being here so long ago?
Ya, those poor folks, wish had more holiday time to spend with them- it will be very tough!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home