Friday, December 21, 2007

Milestones or Moonstones?

While some other bloggers have recently written about celebrating milestones, I realized I do too good a job of down-playing and ignoring mine.
I'm good at pretending nothing is going on here...
...
For instance, Mr A. recently wrote his 300th post, is having a two year blogger anniversary, had a birthday, n is celebrating finishing an undergraduate degree. Good, even great, for him! Cudos! Applause! Congrats! Party-time!
...
I've also done those things, but without mentioning them on ESR-bloggy. My 300th post slipped by me at "WTWC?" (stands for: "What's This World Coming To?").
I didn't even look at the dashboard that day, too rushed.
...
I passed my two-years blogging anniversary five months ago! Now I'm almost at 2.5!
...
My B-day zipped past largely unnoticed except by those who know me well, way back at "Zzzzz" Yes, I slept thru most of the day. If you read earlier comments you could've figured it out. Although not directly referred to, I hinted about it. I feel pretty old lately, n that's where the title "A New Age" seemed to fit a post, also ambigously referring to my new digi cam n dvd player, (birthday presents) after waiting to have these items for eons!
...
My undergraduate degree with high honors (BFA magna cum laude) in Visual Design was obtained way back in September '92 after taking my one remaining science requirement, "Astronomy" as a summer course. This worked out well to be able to take my kids star gazing through the telescape out in a field at the university, because it was summer vacation as a single parent, warm out, n very late at night!
...
I celebrated my graduation with my extended family members earlier in June, but it didn't feel right, because I knew I wasn't finished with that one needed course. Also, I got upset every time I thought about the fact my Dad didn't get to see me graduate, having died a year earlier from the Big "C". I didn't feel like celebrating at all.
...
Even still, I'm in the habit of not acknowledging my milestones. I also look at the night sky every chance I get, even though my eyes are beginning to lose focus on the stars due to my age.
...
I don't celebrate the way I used to. I don't go out to clubs, or drink and smoke anymore. I don't feel like calling people, n generally have trouble feeling happy about my accomplishments. I've been waiting too long for a well deserved ellusive pay-off. It gets discouraging!
I'm still waiting for the monetary success to catch up to my accomplishments n skills success.
...
Meanwhile, it's cold, a rainy-sleet night outside, Christmas is about here, n I get to ignore it, except for everyone's greetings!
...
I have a very bad habit of not reacting. I'm just not feeling it yet. I don't get to celebrate, n I'm resigned to the fact. My lights aren't out on the little trees.
Most of my stuff will be sent to others late, for this I apologize, but one day off just isin't enough time to do it all.
...
I'm sore n exhausted from my job. I probably should be sleeping instead of trying to get to the holiday chores on the docket for my over-night hours. But I'm not much of a slacker either...
...
Merry Week! ... EEK!

11 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Congratulations on acknowledging your milestones. Its a step.
I like to look back once and a while to see how far I have come, and it reminds me...
Oh and the money, its not about that... its about the peoples...

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

i remember going star gazing!!! that was alot of fun, and we got to stay up waaayyyy late!!!

luv ya mom!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, Kinda silly I had to read someone elses to say, hey, I did that- Money helps sometimes, make ya feel good!

BBM, Really late! Now I get out of work at that time!
Jupiter's moons looked nifty in that 8" scope, too!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Neo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

Snags - I'm blue too..

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, No time to star gaze on the clear nights for weeks now. Was cloudy when I wanted to see meteors, we had snow.
I'll be as safe as it is at work... U2

Fleen, I'm pretty bad this year! At least you'll get some hanging out at home time in-

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Neo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Skye said...

You're work always inspires me Snaggle tooth.

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Full moon tonight keeps hiding in the clouds before I can try a pic too! It's like a sick joke, or maybe the Creator saying :"Go to sleep!"

Skye, Thankyou, may good things form for you from the inspiriation...

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I stopped thinking of them as milestones, and began to think of them as another job done... checking it off the list, and traveling on to the next fire to put out. As important as they are to who I am, they were the necessary steps taken to propel me to where I needed to be.... the yellow brick road I am following to Oz. It reminds me that all is well in my world, and that things are unfolding as they should. No space for too much discontentment when I am blessed to have wonderful friends in the world. Just a bit of discouragement that I can't stay in touch as much as I'd like.

Wishing you and your family the best of holidays, and hopes that you finally did get my package. With the weather as horrible as it was described from the southern perspective, I'd be surprised that you got it at all. Take care, sweetie! Have a merry, merry, and a happy, happy!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, thanks for the visit! The road to Oz... I wish I could feel like I've gotten somewhere.
Thanks for the received package- My stuff is all going out late.
A Happy Christmas for you n your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home