Thursday, December 06, 2007

Angels Wanted

SnaggleTooth's votive candle
...
My votive candle has been working overtime the past couple of days.
I light it while I say special prayers for those who need miracles.
...
A guy who I like, respect, n who's made my difficult job more bearable on many occassions, had a devastating accident at work two nights ago.
...
Having fallen from about a twenty-foot height outdoors in the dark n frigid cold, he sustained many severe injuries including broken neck n back bones. When he was finally found in the dark shadows he was unable to breathe.
...
JPA is still clinging to life after having been brought back with the paddles, being med-flighted to Boston, n having surgery.
...
His chances of living and recovery are iffy. The nightmare condition he'll awaken to, when he does, will be a constant battle full of physical n cognitive function challenges.
He may miss out on watching his two young boys, who live with the mother, grow up.
...
JPA will certainly not be back to help me with the big machine or my attitude any time soon. If he ever walks at all, it'll be amazing!
His still being alive now is already a prayed for miracle-
Just a few more for him angels, please...
***************
UPDATE: Dec 07 2007
J regained conciousness. He went in for surgery number two today.

6 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

God bless JPA. I ask you Lord to keep JPA in your everlasting light. I pray for JPA's recovery. Dear Lord, I know, with you, all things are possible.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

Oh my gosh mom! that's terrible. I hope J recovers from this real soon! I'll keep him in my prayers.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, Thanks for adding in a prayer full of hope!

MB, Thanks for your prayers, he's taking the long way home-

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Skye said...

I'll say prayers for JPA and his family.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Skye, Thank you for adding your energy to JPA's prayer circle!

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Note: It will be a few more weeks before they know if the surgery worked, n if he'll be able to get off the respirator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home