Sunday, November 11, 2007

Write Shop

All the entertainment writer's are on strike, leaving many tv shows to air re-runs. They are picketing to get a cut of DVD sales of the things they worked on, which only seems fair.
Maybe this does me a favor in advance of getting anything published on DVD, so by the time I do, it won't be a rip-off problem for me.
...
Rock-on for writer's rights to residuals n copyrights! Good luck to getting your deserved cut soon. I wonder if they'll get anything for the back-sales.
...
Luckily I have alot to keep me busy while there's nothing good on tv to watch... I wonder if this'll end up totally getting passed onto consumer product cost as usual. I also wonder about the economic impact of actors, producers, n corporations who are all out of income-producing new material during this Holiday season. (Can you say "resession?")
Photo by SnaggleTooth 2007...
If I know writers, they really haven't stopped, just kept new work under wraps for later. A true writer can't shut-off their brain.
...
Unfortunately, late-night TV is about to get much more boring, prompting me to do more of my own productivity in the unwinding, wee hours after work.
...
As it is, I haven't been getting to sleep before day-break at all anymore. Now with Eastern Daylight Savings Time in effect, I wake up to dusk n leave for work in the dark. I can't wait until that upcoming time off so I'll be able to get some sunshine into my days again.
...
The Christmas shopping season is upon us already as Thanksgiving approaches at Warp Speed.
I'm so paranoid while walking down the toy isles I'd begun scoping, wondering if I'll be able to pick out toy gifts that won't get recalled as being a hazard. I was looking at those Aqua Dots in the craft section just a week before the recall. It's such a scary crap-shoot buying toys these days.
...
Where will the green ($) show up?

6 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Hopefully the writer's finally get paid. I've seen a lot of people bashing them saying they're greedy. I'd like to see one person that has that type of opinion write a show then come back with the same opinion.

Peace,

- Neo

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

its hard to buy anything and feel good about it, when there are seventy million like it. I wonder if I have time to make presents?

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, writer's are terribly underpaid, unless hitting the big-time like JK Rowling, when you consider the exposure the work gets without compensation-

David, I'm too short on time, n can't mention here what I'd make if I do find the time...
I just hate saying, "oh, look what's new," n then a safety issue recall comes out for it!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

we had already bought them for james and now we have to return them.... grumble... he wanted them sooo bad! btw.... talk to us before you buy anything, because we've already started shopping for the boys...

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

BBM, You did, wow! OK, He's almost got everything anyhoo!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Pay your writers, Studio execs don't make quality material afterall.

I am worried we will have more and more reality shows until the strike is settled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home