Monday, October 08, 2007

Good Sport

Massachusetts is having a great sports season.
...
The Boston Red Sox swept away the Angels n will begin the ALCS to compete in the World Series contest Friday. The descision is still between the Indians or the Yankees. I hope I get to watch some of the games. Today is Day Off, n of course there's no games on.
...
The Patriots also have a hot streak going, undefeated at 5-0. All the sports fans are pretty happy at work these days, until they run into that one Yankee fan... Now if the Celtics n Bruins could join in the fun it would be a truelly amazing year for BeanTown.
...
I don't try to predict who'll win the Series, cause it's just bad luck, n last time I thought they'd get it out loud, the Yankees killed 'em nastily in the ninth! I won't say it again, n will remain cautiously optimistic, as all Boston fans should've learned to be by now.
...
I still think what determined the Sox's WS win in '04 was the room full of people (priests n Monks included with the good family folks) at my Uncle's funeral all toasting n praying that they win for Mike, as he waited patiently n never got to see it in his lifetime, n never lost faith.
...
If they don't win this time, I won't be surprized. If they do, may skill n luck determine the outcome.
...
On another sports tac, the news about the Chicago Marathon is devastating. Unusual 90 degree F heat causing cancellation, hospitalization for hundreds, n death for one- such a terrible event due to the weather n a shortage of liquid for the runners. That wonderful feeling of accomplishment was ripped away from thousands of runners who'll never cross the finish-line.
...
A girl who lived at my mom's years ago having already done the Boston Marathon, went to run that race in Illinios, n talked of freezing her butt off. Usually Chicago is cold n windy in October. But as we now are certain, all weather predictablity bets are off the table. After the Tsunami, n Katrina, how can anyone pretend to know what will happen, where, next?
...
Sometimes winning doesn't matter as much... as survival-

6 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

I had only heard yesterday of the news in chicago from Mort (formerly known as sean pickett) who now lives just outside of there. that IS terrible news.. A co worker of mine at UMass is going to run the NYC marathon in a couple weeks. people who can manage that sort of athleticism amaze me.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

The Indians will be playing the Sox.

I believe the Patriots will be undefeated this season! Go Pats!!

As for the Celts & the Bruins I don't know.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

At least we found out that the guy who died had a heart condition. Makes more sense he would have prolly died anyways.

I thnik marathons are dumb anyways. Mostly because I can't even walk one.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, running 26 miles anywhere is a feat of magic for the human machine for sure! A co-worker told me that disturbing news after hearing it on his break.

Fleen, I heard the Indians have a 46 year curse going.
The Pats are playing undefeated Texas there this week, in a place they've never won a game in.
Should be interesting!

Xray, ya, at least there was an abnormal physiological cause. Still, there should have been enough drinks for the runners to prevent the dehydration.
My feet hurt just thinking about jogging on cement- I'm a dirt runner. I helped win some relay races back in high school gym-

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Hell I only do 26 miles with a car if I can help it.

Would you send those priests and monks over to pray for the cubs next year.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Janus, I've done those miles via bicycle before.
It might be tough to get the Vermonters to pray for Cubbies... unless they're at a devoted fan's funeral...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home