Thursday, March 08, 2007

Artic Fleece

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2007
...
Wow, has it been bittercold the past four days. Minus-z (F) windchills with a steady, stiff wind. Still at the store today I watched a guy walking through the parking lot with just a business suit, no coat, hat, or gloves- his skin scarlett red with a frozen, shocked expression on as I walked past with only my eyes exposed in my polar-fleece scarf n hat. Why do folks still think they're immune to this chill?
...
I almost went to shoot more icy pics, but said, not today- too cold! I was going to go visiting this PM, but said, nope, it's warmer at home. The Artic Blaster has got to warm up for spring at some point this month. (In like a lion, out like a lamb- please).
...
After days of installation hell my machine has finally emerged protected n without damage, except to the quality of my free time. Now onto finer projects like procrastinating filling out forms! This weather def makes it tough to play guitar chords with my tired, stiff hands. Two hours today nearly killed me. I find with only single days off I'm still arm n leg sore returning to work. Wish I could afford extra days off (in a row), just so I could practice with less discomfort.
...
Daylight savings week-end for "Spring-Ahead " has been moved up to this Sunday. I wonder if all the puters n time-clocks will be messed up with presets in the software n satellite feeds in cell-phones. I wonder how many people will come into work late, or miss their flights!
...
I've been going in early, so it'll be a tough week for my sleep hours. Usually I have a tough time unwinding to get to sleep, n may need to sideline more online time until I can adjust.
...
The environmental police may finally be voting to determine if the Polar Bear is an endangered species now. Prez-B has finally asked some one to look into the Artic ice situation.
No Artic sea-ice-flows means no fishing after their four-month yearly fast, no migrating to more abundant territory off the mainland, n no sustaining new offspring. Last I read, n saw documented on news the past two years, (including nightline-ABC about a bear rescue station operation) death by starvation has them dropping like flies on sticky strips. I've been feeling their pain on ESR since I began here. I'm curious if the situation has been better there lately. Wish I had more time to search today.
...
There's plenty of ice here lately...
I'm feelin like a polar bear, too!
This cold has gotta break-up soon-

8 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Skye said...

You play the guitar also, too cool. Mine's just an old flea market special, but it's candy apple red and that's what caught my eye. My finger tips are permantely branded, I can understand about the cold and practicing. Maybe the Easter bunny knows more about the weather than the groundhog! LOL!!! :)

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

SkyBL2U, I have a dark sunburst Epiphone elec-accoustic with a cut-away, but the Crafter Elec-mandolin is a pretty shade of blue. I have a collection of strings-
I hope that bunny gets to frolick in warmth. We need to fire that woodchuck- he flunked!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - It warmed up a bit here in Philly it was like 38 here yesterday, so we might start seeing it get warmer, which makes me dread to think about summer coming on quickly and whether or not I should dare turn on the A/C and get raped by the utility people.

That daylight thing shouldn't be too big a deal. Too bad congress just couldn't leave things alone without changing what has been in place for over 50 years. I mean didn't they think of how that kind of change would affect technology?

I think I'll have to just manually roll my timezone settings and clocks on my computers.

Have a great weekend.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, 45F on the way home tonight-wow, what a relief from the 10 we were doing!
Daylight savings ontop of getting work hours moved up basically means no good sleep for me at all this week-end. I'm pretty worn out already, Sun. shift still looming ahead. yawn~ Hope yours is better than mine

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger X said...

I hate spring daylight savings...I always find it hard to sleep because of losing that hour on the weekend. But I must admit I like the later sunsets! :)

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

K, sleeping later beats getting up earlier, n more daylight's a definate bonus for my days off. Missing sleep in general just gets tougher for me the longer I go without any vaca ('05)-

An automatic windows update must've updated my Puter's clock-

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - I'm all screwed up with this time thing. I got clocks all in the wrong place. I'm about ready to call time and ask them where the hands are.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, lotsa folks today n at work also the times are all diff! Never mind waking up on time.... Of course I had to a day earlier for work at night-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home