Thursday, December 28, 2006

Zorbing

"It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one."
- George Washington...

Even if it's the truth, George?
- me

Photo by SnaggleTooth

My excuse is depressing holidays n working too hard for the insufficient reward. (Why haven't I blogged in so long?)
...
This view is directly opposite the post "High Water Marks" pic of monoliths (posted below, taken the same day) visable only at low tide.
...
Finally, a single day off today. Yippeezzz! (I'm SOOoo tired). I had a day from hell at work yesterday, n would like a second day to acually get to catch-up on things, maybe next week.
Thanks everyone, for all your well-wishes.
...
Christmas went ok, I guess, n I feel better now it's over. It was a grey, rainy day, too warm for snow. I woke up depressed about missing my Gramps n parents- Then got very distracted openning the factory for production, which requires a marathon run-around. A co-worker even brought me a little present I wasn't expecting.
...
I'm still doing cards, tho- cause there was just no awake -enough time to do the notes. (I do hand-written notes). Before the X-day passed it went something like: "I hope your party is more fun than mine. I'm working for Mr. Scrooge at the factory..."
...
Now I'm trying to come up with new material... for "I'm sorry this is so late----," but feel like if I don't get them all done, I'll lose contact with all these folks I've stayed exclusively in holiday rapor with so many years now. Ya don't send back out to those you got no card from last year...
A recent historical town weekly story described that in the old-days they used to just sell n send postcards for Xmas. Maybe I'll work on making some of these for next time, to save postage bux.
...
Of course it didn't help my delinquent card situation at all that last week both my scanner software n printer-heads died without any time,or funds for trouble-shooting, or a contingency plan. After designing my own cards for years now, I just can't break-down n buy some one else's design, like it's against my religion or something!
...
So far my only New Years' resolution is "Finish those Cards!"
...
(N in the growing blog-tradition of OilF's "Randomness" I bring you)
The strangest story seen on "World News Now" since my last post was about...
...
A new thrill-sport-ride in New Zealand is becoming all the rage, n the video clips sure made it look like fun. A "Zorb" is a clear-plastic, large, inflated sphere with an un-inflated, smaller, interior sphere, where the human rider can choose to bounce, roll, or glide along down the chosen course at the Zorb ranch.
...
Zorbing can be done wet or dry! The wet ride means alot less rolling n easier sliding on the plastic as it follows it's bumpy rut downhill...
...
Almost like making excuses to explain how things went awry...

6 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

hope your weekend goes halfway decent... still haven't had a chance to mail you any cookies.. although i did remember to put them in the freezer so atleast they won't go bad while i hunt down a box from work.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Snaggle Tooth said...
MB, Not a chance, had to work 6 hours tonight, n don't even have one of the New Years Eve or Day off- so no party at all for me!

Bet you can figure out New Year's Resolution #2 to do with having no fun...

MMmmm Santa Claus cookies- can't wait!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Skye said...

You too? I haven't slowed down since the day "B-4 Christmas" I've loaded 4 20 foot trailers in two days and I now have bisecps from hell!I can hardley wait til Feb. a week off coming up. Take care and Best wishes for the new year. :)

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

SkyBl2U, I've got the Herculean biceps myself, lately-
4 in 2 days- That's lotsa outa breath! You def deserve the week off! Wish I could afford one-
Have a Happy New Year!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Zorb? Hmmm, sounds like an Atari video game. ;)

Don't feel bad, this is the first year since I can remember that I won't be drinking on New Years eve; which sucks.

Good luck with the hardware.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, bouncing around inside ahuge beach-ball sounds very recreational to me... not drinkin? how strange for you-
Still waiting for a day off- 2 more to go- to deal with these probs...
Thanks need the luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home