Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I Want My 2 Bux!

How unlucky am I this week?
Guess I just can't wait for the year to be over!

After weeks with zero lottery hits, I finally matched the mega-ball number, only to discover my ticket missing from the place it should be! I musta done a mill things yesterday between driving all over town, store errands, n other stops. I had to replace a printer cartridge, make lots of copies, write letters, go through bill records, and had stuff all over the tables. I finished, put it all away, then started sorting what to put in the garbage for the following am pick-up, n finished loading barrels about 1am.

Then I grabbed a shower and rinsed out the dusty clothes I'd had on, after checking pockets. I don't remember putting the tix under the magnet where I always put 'em. I didn't realize the AWOL fluke factor until the re-run of the late news came on, n I heard the Mega-Mills numbers. Wow, I thought, my recently changed number matches on the ball spot! Cool, there's 2 Bux... hey, where is that tix...?

I finally said nevermind I neeed zzz's at 3am, then resumed the quest all morning, all for a lousy 2 bux! I went through the rubbish n mail pile I'd thrown away, the printer cartridge package, the copies, all the things I'd sorted n read, re-checked all pockets, n re-traced all places I'd been on the premises.

I remember who sold it to me, putting it in my designated back pocket, but don't remember taking it out, or putting it up in the "spot." I was interrupted with many calls during the day, n was pretty distracted through those conversations, during which times I could easily move stuff n not remember, because I'm focused on listening and reponding, not my movements, (I do putter alot).
All I can figure is, It fell out of the pocket at some point on the road somewhere. I can't believe I was so careless with it, to let it be lost. Of course I haven't lost a loser tix yet all year! I wanna cry over my 2 bux this week! Guaranteed losing a tix won't happen again...

Thank the Creator it wasn't matching all the numbers...
That woulda been meltdown time!

12 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Snaggle- Two dollars or not, that just plain sucks! Sorry to hear about it. You've probably spent more than two bucks of your time just looking for it. Hope it surfaces for you!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -Two Dollars!

Was that from that moved "Better of Dead," with John Cussack?

Sorry your having a crappy day. Don't worry buddy this years almost kicked!

*hugs*

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ya Ellen, I'm just upset about the luck factor because ya know I really need it this week!

Ya Neo, I think I saw that one. Right now every penny counts to me!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Snaggle- If you did have all the matching numbers, you've got a lot of friends on the blog circuit who would have had a melt-down for you.
We'd all like to see you hit the "big one", if anyone deserves it, you do!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Dratz- now puter is acting like molasses, maybe got a bug, waiting 2 hours to get here n need to do stuff, it reset all my Int Opts !
What ta hey!
May hafta spend all day fiddlin with it again yikes! waiting to see what I just typed!!
well it is rainin...

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -I said a prayer for ya. *hugs* buddy! Hang in there!

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

you so reminde me of ME
its scary

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -Scan for spyware!

Use adaware (lavasoft.de)

And Spybot Search & Destroy

(http://www.safer-networking.org/)

Update their reference files. And scan. Only use one of these programs at a time. Happy hunting! :)

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger X said...

That sucks...but as you said, at least it was only two bucks! If it was in the thousands or millions I'd be out on the street on my hands and knees looking! :)

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -PS... Have a wonderful New Years! *hugs*

God Bless!

Peace,

- Neo

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I'll have to wait for more time, it it taking 10 seconds for each command I click to go through... over an hour just to get here, post n answer commentz, don't have time for this waiting!
Will def be doin some clean-up on here, been screwy for weeks now, but this bites, thanx for url, at this rate will take a week...

David, OH No, not another one! We seem to be on the same page alot lately... well, now things gotta get better!

OILfield, how do ya like the new nic-name I came up with? I don't really think 2 bux is significant to help me, but I want my good luck n timin back now!
I appreciate the commiseration, otherwise I'd feel so lonely n hopeless! Thankz

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, after 4 hours n tryin to download S-s&d several times, it says set-up files corrupted, keeps reverting n changes int.options/sec/content settings so nothing will load every two minutes, this is hell...
forgive my blog ignoring this wknd!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home