Friday, September 19, 2014

Pastel

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2014
Discourse concerning my job on ESR has most often been about getting sore n over-tired. I can't afford to reveal company details or corporate identity, but basically it's a high volume, kitchen / bakery factory which distributes to about one-third of my state. Previously, I've only given out that info in comments elsewhere.

An opinion about the psychological nature of people I work with has come to my attention recently. I've come to the conclusion that to work like we do, to some degree we all have OCD,  ( we are compulsive ). We are all more comfortable being busy than not. Plus we are all very picky, but each about different things.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2014
Each person uses the limited production workspace with their set-up differently. They place racks the way that suits them, and some folks are notably space hogs, pushing others out of room to get their work accomplished. Some workers are big bullies, muscling whatever they want from other folks who had worked to go get and empty what was needed for their product.

Some folks there are compulsive talkers, n always bug others who are trying to concentrate on counting out orders correctly as fast as possible. It is a definite accuracy handicap for me.

We have all learned to be squirrels with supplies like gloves and pens, because if they are not hidden for another day, they will disappear during cleaning crew time. They even get stolen the minute your back is turned when supplies are running low...

This week gloves were missing in the regular shipment. For three days workers scrounged n searched and shared what was availble. I was the last one to have gloves to dish out to everyone. Guess I'm the most worried about running out, because I don't want to cut my hands open, which would happen if I didn't have gloves on. Guess I'm the best glove squirrel there ...

Maybe everyone is compulsive about something at work.

 Are you?




7 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

A former supervisor used to be seriously compulsive about locking up things that didn't belong to him and in fact belonged to the general unit.

About the only thing I'm very compulsive/obsessive about is expiration dates on food. Having gone through more than my fair share of bouts with food poisoning, I now drive my family off the deep end with my OCD about food expiration dates.

Father Nature's Corner

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Cloudia said...

Compulsive work soothes in a way [or just those of us who are compulsive?]

Cleaning the same buildings in the same patterns [with variations] night after night defined years of my life. . . . .


ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G.B., Whatever is locked at my workplace gets broken into, so we must hide. I'd drive you nuts- I always eat expired stuff- if it passes the sniff test!

Cloudia, yes, I think so. Cleaning can be a compulsive outlet too. Once a system works out well, of course we keep doing it that way. Aloha!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'm always looking for the person that walked off with my pens, but other than that, not really.

I'll bet some yummy things come out of that big kitchen!

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I work with compulsive cleptos too. This week I've had pens, markers, Tylenol, n a full box of gloves taken, along with the usual racks. Yep, most with too much sugar tho.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

That top photo with the boat is beautiful!

Just like George I'm paranoid about not eating anything past it's sell by date. Not even one day!

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ. Thanks, it's the full Moon in July across from the sunset, with the "ConMan" skiff. I saved the shot in drafts a long time to use. Wow- you too- I always eat past due food from the sale bin. So far so good- I always use the nose test. Anything that smells funky goes in the can. I save alot of money that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home