Thursday, July 04, 2013

Fast As --

Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2013 

 Lightning...


I was severed from being online at home, less than a week after signing up on a new ISP
plan.
What could possibly keep Snaggle from her appointed rounds ala` the ESR sidebar? Nothing
voluntary!

Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2013
 Right after I was last seen posting on ESR n writing a few comments elsewhere, I had an important online errand, but decided to get off-line quickly anyway- as an intense thunder n lightning storm rolled loudly overhead... but the new service was too slow signing off, with three dialog clicks needed to do so- n I could feel some electricity in the air as the village power died. After a few minutes the power came back on-
But when I re-booted my PC, it's modem no longer would work, but the phone on the same line is fine. Mind you, I have a surge protector plugged into a surge protector, plugged into a third one on my machine-
Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2013
At work, this is our busiest week of the entire year. I just did six, over ten-hour shifts in a row with no free time for dealing much with the Puter issue. I did cable checking, modem testing, n wasted time trying to dial up numerous times without results. Prob needs a cleaning again in the stack box too.
Now I only get one Day Off, which is the holiday- making errands very difficult with stores closed n crowds everywhere. I haven't really had enough sleep once in over two weeks now. Prob would be even less if I got in more blog reading... 



Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2013

I hate not getting to respond to comments, put up posts at will, not pay the paperless bills on time, n run-up late fees... For awhile this summer I'll have to wait to get to BBM's spiffy machine down the road. Email accounts are all full of too much to sift thru today. In the past, I was without a PC all Summer of '07 n still managed some posts to ESR. At least I can still work on my files offline.
So Sorry to all about suddenly disappearing, but had no choice or alternate means available. Contrary to popular belief, I'm still alive, tho more sore than usual. N very bored after work! Hope you're all doing ok- will try to get around blogland in this very limited time, but more pressing issues may delay me.
This Kinda feels like the opposite of independence being forced off the net-

but Happy Independence Day anyhow! I've really missed all you special blogger friends.

9 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I'm glad you are okay. Storms can be so vicious and lightning is crazy. One time we lost a sump pump, a dryer, phone, internet and five large trees so I know how devastating a lightning strike can be. Hope you had time to kick back a little on your day off, Snaggle.

Happy Fourth of July! I hope that now your work load eases. This message is taking forever for me to type - tore the tendon in my left shoulder yesterday and I'm one-armed for now. :)

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Cloudia said...

Nice to see you!

ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° > <3

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, Glad my trees have survived at least. I'm so sore it isin't funny- injured my hand so I know the feeling- Thanks hope you heal quickly!

Cloudia, Good to hear from you too! Aloha!

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I hate it when the internet doesn't work for whatever reason. I've been having problems myself. The line works great until it rains then we lose the internet. We've had engineers here but by the time they arrive it's working again so they don't know what to fix. And of course the UK gets a lot of rain!

I hope you managed to get some rest anyway. I love the photos of the decorated houses, beautiful!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Missed you too!

We are down to one laptop, with 2 eBay accounts it makes it challenging.

3 surge protectors, eh? Lots of precaution, but still the electricity had its way. Bummer.

Hope you get to sleep soon and dreamily! You dererve some vacay!

xooxox

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

I can feel your pain about the computer. Hopefully you'll get it worked out in the end.

G

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Oh my - I'm sorry that happened to you. I lost a modem that way once, too.

Hope you get some rest soon!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

We miss you out blogging!

xoxo

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, That used to happen with the telephone line here and it was because the line wasn't grounded. I asked them to run a line test to check, n it gets fixed. I', going nuts without the blogs! Thanks

JanF, I'm going to try getting another modem, but not this week!
No vaca allowed until after summer tourist season is over. I already asked for Sept. but he may not let me. One computer is better than no online at all- really! thank

G, I just hope this doesn't take months again! Thanks- miss reading your posts

Lynn, I hope it isin't too expensive to fix this up again. Thanks

JanF, I miss blogging so much! I feel so out of the loop...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home