Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Booger


Image by SnaggleTooth April 2012

I really don't want to deal with the new Blogger updated interface. It decided to take me by surprize today, n I really don't have time for this new proceedure, which incidentally reminds me more of my experience withTumblr-

I want control of my HTML back. Now that my browser is suddenly no longer supported by Blogger, I can't even see the new toolbar, just dots from the top of it, n have to read the hover-notes to see what I'm doing. I really want my pic captions to be in my post pics hover-notes n don't have all this time to wait at every single click I make in here, as I now have to do. The edit post box is in the way of editing! There's a delay between typing n seeing what I did. I have been so stressed out at home n work- n now I'm even fed up with this new thing being forced on me already. I'm feeling hasseled instead of relieving my stress...

I was just going to do a quick post upload n finish editing a draft, for about 15 minutes...but I'm out of time. This new stuff took me over an hour already! This is not what I wanted to post today.

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2012

This is not working well on this computer at all, I thought I'd try to do this post to test if it will appear as it should on the old ESR template, btw.

The 18 foot Boston Whaler was trying to get out of the M-cove under the D-bridge at the sunset previously shown, but was stuck until the High Tide water went down another foot so they would fit, n they all had to duck down.

I wish I had a newer computer to go with this update thing... (This stinks)
I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling suddenly stuck...

7 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I switched several months ago - I've gotten used to it, but I find it strange the way the spacing is funky. You have to hit "preview" to see what it's going to look like.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

One thing that helps is if you take Blogger off of compatibility view.

If your browser is IE7 or higher then doing that should cure that particular issue.

Also, if you're used to using a shrunken screen, then expanding it actually lets you see the entire blank post to work with.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I think I mostly used Mozilla...so not sure what the issues are. I did go to the new Blogger interface a while back. It offers more options and thus more clicks.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Yes I went to the new blogger quite a while ago and now I'm glad I did. Like Tabor I use Mozilla and am not sure if that makes a difference but maybe it does. I can remember struggling with an outdated computer and so hope you can get a new one soon.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I can't even see the preview button the way this is loading on my IE. I need to see where stuff is on another computer. I liked the tabs way better.

G, Thanks for the tips- will keep trying. My time is too limited. I hate full screen due to the white bothering my eyes. Same reason I have a prob with the new comments page-

Tabor, I'm on a slow machine with limited RAM with IE. Every click means wait 10 minutes to see what it does! Don't like Mozilla, even slower! This will take more time than I have now. I'm very sleep deprived this week. too.

Gran Annie, looks like I'm the only one who resisted so far. Time is short when you still have to lug water upstairs for everything... At least you klnow what I mean- I need a lottery win to finance that, after my teeth n Little Truck get fixed first tho-

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I switched over before I had to, to try and get my head around the new layout, and I still haven't. I use Safari and I don't think it was ever really user friendly with the old layout either!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I was good with the old thing, n quick. Nowit's so slow I want to scream. I need time to sleep! I can't see the toolbar n I'm guessing. I don't have much time to spend. Thanks, I don't feel so alone with the probs now-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home