Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wah Why

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2012 upsidedown



My neighbor from across the street out the back way knocked on my door today n helped explain what was up with the dumped furniture. I've known her since I moved here decades ago, tho we don't talk much. She was afraid I'd think it was her putting the stuff there, but I knew she wouldn't do that. I thought it was college kids a cottage away on that tiny road back there.


She saw the couch, my sign, n blockade after she got in from work about 11pm. n called the cops to ask what to do. She brought the couch back to the yard of who she thinks left it here. She believes the couch was put there to get in her way (across from her driveway, but actually in my yard) in retaliation for when she puts some used things out on the public grass corner for folks to take which is across from who she believes did the deed. Folks do this here every year.


The offender lives across from this pic of the "corner"which they consider their yard, tho it's a public property.
The second altered pic in this post shows stuff left on that corner someone else may want, left by my neighbor who believes to be the intended receipient of the nasty couch deed. (*If she is correct)-


So probably it wasn't the Mass Maritime kids, n I was somehow unintentionally punished- Much energy has been spent on my time off to clean up the section of yard, along with alot of broken glass there at the roadside, n my back neighbor helped out, feeling bad that I had to deal with such maliciousness- plus we both had the day off.

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2012

I'm so sick of chores n stair trips right now- I haven't done anything else in days. Funny enough two days in a row the setting sun hid behind thick clouds in the western sky, so I didn't get any really good pics I'm spoiled with- so this was from later on the 4th.

9 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'm glad you are getting that all sorted out Snaggle. Sorry for the extra stress in your life.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Communication always is the best approach. Sounds like your neighbors are a little immature.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

The neighbor how knocked on your door sounds like a nice lady.

Sorry for the undesired stress. Maybe you and the lady will end up getting to know each other better, beneficially.

Sounds like you two have got your hands full with immature peeps in the hood.

take care.

xoxo

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I have racked my brain and cannot think of any similar situations involving furniture dumping on people's property. We have come across a lot of give-aways where people put a "Help yourself" sign on something in their yard. Once we acquired a lovely antique chair that way and Ron repaired it and it is a nice addition to our guest room.

I agree with Tabor. Your neighbors sound like an immature bunch.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

I'm glad M came over to talk about it. Nice of her to help out too! What an awful week :/

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks for always cheering me up, I really needed it this week!


Tabor, there are some strange folks from everywhere here, alot of relocations like the offender. That person had always seemed nice to my face. I don't know why she thought to do that... Yep!

JanF, initially we didn't hit it off, but grew on each other over the years, having alot in common being here. Some of these folks just take the cake!

G, Yes, it does! I wonder what you'd do with the ickky couch...

MB, Yes, M's help surprized me! Old household habits are so tough to change... how many times did I turn the knob n get air??? how many trips up n down per day? Ugh! Plus the clean-up is very challenging, n I seem to be spill prone this week too! Un-beWeave-able! (oww feet n arms-)

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Woops, managed not to respond to you, but thought I did! Must've deleted it by accident! so sorry- but I'm definately not thinking clearly... blinded bty aggrivation. I don't know what to think of being picked on like this-

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

It's horrible when all your time seems to be filled with chores and stress. I hope things are better now?

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Things will be stressfull with extra work until the house problem is all fixed. I'd like a day to not do chores soon! Thanks for the good wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home