Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dry

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 10 2012


Not only have I not partaken in any cocktails or vino, but this section of the US is going thru a spring drought. Red Flag brush-fire warnings have been up for weeks now. They forecast some showers for this week, but we're still waiting-

As a result the spring green is going slow, so at least I still have time to rake before mowing is needed.




I'm really glad the special holiday orders are over. Work has been very difficult this week, because I'm hardly getting any sleep.




Image by SnaggleTooth April 10 2012I'd asked for time off the boss wouldn't give me, so because of emergency house water repairs, my home life is now carrying buckets of water up from down stairs. At least the shower downstairs is finally useable after getting some scum off the floor. (It took a few days). Guys to work on pipes will return in a few days to interrupt the next work-weeks rest schedule also. N then I get to move everything in the Kitchen n Bathroom, ensuring the non-functionality of getting ready for work on time. After work showers will be joyful by flashlight in 50 degrees or less without the heat on down stairs, but it beats the bucket washcloth washing n doing hair in the sink, which got my neck really sore.


Photo by SnaggleTooth April 10 2012My temper has been really terrible. Then today, after finally the landlord moved all the junk furniture (most left there by kids downstairs) out of the yard yesterday, which I waited over a year for- in less than a 24-hour period, an unknown neighbor deposited another (has done it before) couch in my yard out back- (sigh)-




I got so mad, that I pushed it back out to the side of the road, n pinned a "Please stop putting junk in my yard" sign on it. Then blocked access using some large wood from picked up hurricane damage. I went to the dollar tree to get nylon rope to put across higher, then hung a water-proof "No Dumping" sign on it. I want the other neighbors to know what's going on here- I'm still really PO'd- What kind of neighbor does that?

I've been having a difficult time from all angles this past week n patience is in short supply... honestly when I saw that couch it was the last straw... n I've been venting ever since! Sorry for the rant, but it is a strange story to share...


Hopefully you didn't find similar rotten eggs on your hunt...

6 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Why wouldn't your boss give you time off? Sounds like a more than legitimate reason to need time at home. I can't imagine someone dumping a couch in your yard!!! What the heck?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Having to do without water is the worst! You are having to go the pioneer route carrying water.

I'd be mad over that couch, too. I'm glad you put up the signs.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

what the f-bomb is that turdtastic behavior all about?? I'm sorry. When did you notice i? as in did it happen during the day or at night while at work? I bet they thought it was okay because the other furniture sat out there for so long... I blame the land lord.

and Snags doesn't get time off because she works for a bad company with so sense of right and wrong, IMO. The problem is that the job market is very tourist driven and year round work is few and far between and when you do find it, it's craptastic.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, They've owed me another week of vaca since last June, but won't schedule it yet- too many people have asked at the same time. See Erica's comment- she knows. I found out more info about what's up with the second dumped couch (matches the other that just got hauled away-) Will update in another post soon.

Lynn, I'm back to the 18th century for the 2nd time in a year! Too much exercise going on here! Well at least I'm earning all the extra candy calories I've been eating... trying not to make alot of dishes to carry down n up-

MB, I went to the Post Office, n returned home in broad daylight to see the couch. I put up the rope n sign at dusk because I had to go to the store to get them. It was mt Day Off yesterday. I'll update on this one soon-

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Gina Gao said...

This is so wrong. I don't know why you have to put up with such people, but you do. Sorry for what happened.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gina, Welcome to ESR comments! I seem to bear more than my share of unfairness lately. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home