Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Vernal

Image by Snaggletooth March 2012
Finally the official start of Spring arrives with the Equinox today. Now that "Meet Me on the Equinox" tune from the Twilight, "New Moon" movie is stuck in my head again...

Image by Snaggletooth March 2012
We're expecting a 70F degree day here, n I'll be trying to wake up n get out for chores early for me. All the stuff I was hoping to wait a few weeks for has to be done now- Raking the lawn, picking up eyesore litter in the woods across the road, bug spray around the house foundation, planting seeds, n re-potting plants- all needs to be done ASAP. Of course all the regular errands n chores have to get done too.



Image by Snaggletooth March 2012
Then there's the Spring Cleaning to get to... Moving furniture n washing walls, clearing cobwebs n dusting off books... of course I'm, not in the mood for that!


At this point of fatigue I'll be happy to be able to get anything on the list done.

I'd much rather just sit on the deck n drink tea with Mischief n a book, then go walk down a familiar beach n watch another a unique sunset transform. If only I could afford to loaf more...


Photo by Snaggletooth March 2010




This one was in March 2010 at Fave Beach. Hope I get back there again soon, it's always worth the trip, tho the price of fuel is definately crimping my travels lately.


Happy Spring!


11 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

While Spring has Sprung, our mountain is looking mighty dead from October's killer snowstorm.

Here's hoping that Mother and Father Nature can work their magic again.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Maybe you could sneak in some deck time with Mischief amid all that! I hope so.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I think deck time with Mischief is Priority Numero Uno!

Hopefully you had a lower heating bill this winter? Seems it was a warmer than usual one?

I hear ya on the gas prices, yuck!

xoxo

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I hope you get out on the deck, put your feet up, and you and Mischief at least have an hour of pure relaxation, Snaggle, and enjoy those warm temps.

Yay! for Spring's official arrival!

Oh, and I got the clear shot of the cardinal because he was kind enough to sit on a low branch and sing away while I was out raking. He was so into his music he didn't fuss at the camera for once :)

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

It was 80 degrees here today, and after I got home from work I took the kids to the river to play a the park but found it still locked up after Irene flooded the area. So we decided to walk along the river.. and Evan snuck a dip in the water! the kid went swimming... I made him strip before he got in the car!

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, The plants are going slow, but wow was it warm today! Another hot one for tomorrow. Hope you're out enjoying the summer prequil. Of course they will...

Lynn, I took her out a little while when I was replacing the clothes line n cleaning a few pots off of chaffe. I didn't relac much tho- thanks

JanF, I need to do as much as I can before the pollen knocks me out of the picture soon- then there's the bugs! so many now already. Heat bill is about the same, tho it was on 5 degrees lower. The expoential "generation fee" is killer... increasing with the price of gas, btw- Why have they never gotten less from me in a subsequent year? sigh... I spend more to get to work than on all my groceries-

Talon, we went out for a little while to do some clean-up, n Mischief was trying to eat the dead plants! Note, she has indoor greens... Now Weds will be warm too- hope it is in your neck of the woods also. The cardinal must be in love! Thanks

MB, Too bad the river dept wasn't on the ball! Got a rebel there, eh? Well hot is hot! Remember the hose n sprinkler is good too-
Way hotter over west there in the Berkshires. Weds will be even hotter- Hang on! Maybe I'll go toe-dipping if make it to the water...

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

it wasn't that hot at 6:30pm lol! and no matter the temp the water was cold

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Oh boy you do have a lot of chores to do. Washing walls down!! I've never washed a wall in my life! :D

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, Remember those "Stubborn-ness genes" He just didn't want to give up on the original plan, apparently! I bet he was chattering teeth for the naked ride back, too!

LLcoolJ, I've washed far too many, beginning as a child in a 9-room house with tons of fingerprints from kids. I have to wash here to clear out the dust I'm allergic to so I don't get really sick- I especially hate doing window frames n curtains...

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Grandchildren are visiting for spring break and we have rain and flooding. Not a good combination.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Sorry to hear you're flooding in rain! I hope you find a way to have fun for the visit anyhow, n the animals are doing ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home