Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Meanderings

Image by Snaggleatooth Aug 2010
.
.
In a colorful dream realm, an alien, dog-like, playful creature form to write a new story about just appeared, flapping a colorful nose-horn as it shakes off.
"Orff!Orff! ..." More of the story waits until I'm more rested, apparently a rare occurrence lately. The village has a lovely array of loud festivities this week. My sleep time got post-poned on this Day Off- n I'm still not recovered.
.
Image by Snaggleatooth Aug 2010.
In all this heat, it's difficult to remember the icy chill of winter, until sipping an icy drink or succumbing to fattening brain-numbing ice cream.
I read somewhere brain matter n nerve cell coatings are formed of fatty tissues n cholesterol-like substances, so I easily justify the yummy eating, n always pick stuff with natural sweeneners- no high fructose corn syrup for me! We got teased all week here with perfect 70F somethings n dry air, (Work days) but here comes that hot, hazy, humid again. (Day Off).
..
Image by Snaggleatooth Aug 2010.
I took a trip down memory lane instead of blogging as usual today, after a video search turned up some VHS converted from 8mm film, home movies from my youth I didn't even know I had! Must've been forgotten in the shuffle of cleaning out my parents house a decade ago.
.
I'd like to thank my Dad's ghost for recording me with animals, the zoo, my childhood boxer dog, Champ, fishing catches, horseback riding, n playing on boats, which made me feel all warm n fuzzy. Seeing so many passed on folks, my grandparents, aunts n uncles, n old neighbors tho- really got me misty... I set my reading glasses down somewhere, n now can't find them! (Search time wasted, 1 hour). So I'm using the wrong strength right now, n will continue the sight challenge until they are miraculously found in daylight, or I go to the store for more. (It's difficult to find the glasses without the glasses)!
.
Photo by Snaggleatooth Aug 2010
.
Meanwhile, I'm working on adding to the Ragweed pollen head-ache with an eye head-ache. Might as well eat more ice-cream while I'm at it...

9 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'd go for the ice cream, Snaggle. And I chuckled at the needing glasses to find glasses. Been there. :)

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Love "the icy chill" so much.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger TALON said...

The unexpected trip down memory lane sounds beautiful, Snaggle. And ice cream is mandatory in the heat! We had a couple of those humid-less days that were so welcome, and we're back into that icky sticky stuff again - UGH! I think I'll take a seat in that icy chair if you don't mind?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

So you had a bad dream
a brain freeze from
suger coating goo

A hot day off
a recover loss
and some of memory too

Of you, your dad
took picture none sad
of things you like to do

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

that desk 49 fella is right on the spot.

I sit here with one pair on my face and another around my neck, what ups with all the glasses?

nice shot of the tree stand without a tree. lol

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

It's quite easy for me to remember the icy chill of winter, because we are having another cold batch of weather again here in the UK! Still we fly out to Phoenix AZ on Friday! I think I'll need ice cream then!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I had to decide between bars or a tub of chocolate- tough descision! I always need glasses n a strong flashlight to find them- In the dark is too difficult!

Gran Annie, it went al long way to cool me off too!

Talon, I wish I'd known I had those sooner! Amazing what the mind throws away as too painful to remember, n later makes okay. I guess we realize well why we don't mind shoveling much...

Ellis, I do like my invented creature. Might as well have a brain freeze, maybe I'll find the glasses! The pictures from those times used to upset me alot more- My Dad's been gone 20 years now, Mom only 10. My Dad's movies turned us all into hams! I didn't mention my numerous siblings...

Paige, That sounds really safe!
I need the right specs on to walk around. Spare ones are all broken already (no ear sticks)! Somewhere got bad, plastic ones- need good ones for work tho!
Ya know it's an empty LifeGuard chair, right?

LLcoolJ, Sounds like AZ is a perfect escape from the chill! I'm sure time is very limited on this heat- just the humidity that makes it so tough to bear. Have a safe trip!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

glassis to find glassis -- the storee of my jannies life too. wel that and ice kreems. beers too. and bloging. and other stuffs.

yor dad soounds liek sutch a grate humin. yoo iz like him, I thinks. the ones who are passed on wil see us again in loves, my jannie says.

ox

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

BB, I hate losing my most comfy pair of glasses. I found them all bent up! I eat too much ice-cream, I need to slow down.
Thanks for all the nice things you said about my Dad- he was very special n I'm lots like him, but need to work on more sillies...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home