Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Time Limit

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 27 2010 .
.
.
Pier parking in the summer is very costly, so Little Truck used a desigated one-hour space on the main road. They've beefed up chalking tires n dishing tix out to help with town finances this year. There was a cop standing near my spot, so I had a somewhat hurried hike.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth July 27 2010These folks were parked in a one-hour spot too, on the Short Pier. I'd like to have a pretty sailing vessel like that to hang out on sometime, myself! Such a charmed life they must have... Some folks there I spoke to today had sailed all the way from Washington DC to visit up here.
.
The pace has picked up around the village at the height of Summertime. There's plenty of folks from all over around, n the harbor water is chock full of parked watercraft. There's festivals, weekly concerts, n movie night. I avoid most of the crowd tho-

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 27 2010
Even late in the afternoon the place is bustling with folks lining up for cruises n fishing on the main pier.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth July 27 2010
I walked over halfway to the point down the main beach swimming zone with my feet in the water before turning to head back, so my hour wouldn't run out... That's where I took this pic of almost empty beach. Without the parking restriction n fear of a ticket bill, I could've continued all the way down.
.
Well, my feet are sore from work anyhow, n at least I got out in the sunshine n air. I need to soak the warmth up while I can, 'cause I know it's limited...

9 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

For the upkeep of the bots you have to pay pay pay but the walk on the beach for you was free. Do you know how many friends they would lose if they lost the boat?

Let me have the simple life for in it your soul is free.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Ellis is right -- their friends would dwindle should the boat be forclosed on, which it may well be. We never know, do we?

I'd rather be walking on a beach than in a boat, anyway.

xo

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

You live in such a charming place. What views. I love it when you take your walks and share the scenery, Snaggle.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I'm so glad you got some time to wander in the sunshine and drink in the beautiful views. It's incredible that it's almost August, isn't it? And before you know it, the tourists will be gone for another year.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I think in some ways you have a charmed life living in such a wonderful place!!

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I've certainly paid enough for the priveledge of being here- The walk I can afford... They don't live here, but did bring a portable hotel room!
I'd be happy with a rowboat...

JanF, Perhaps. they did seem nice tho- In MA there's a steep luxury tax n yearly excise on those boats-
I'd like both!

Lynn, Thanks- ESR is a good excuse to make the effort. I used to just stay home more-

Talon, Would ya believe I've made it thru whole years here without even getting a toe dipped? I'm greatful I'm able to get out there n finding time for it. I'm trying to enjoy the quiet downstairs, cus they'll prob be back at the end of Aug. Another reason to dread the end of summer-

LLcoolJ, I've been hanging out here since my first visit when I was 15, I do really like it- Kinda low-key charmed tho! There is a wonder diversity of folks here all getting along-

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

As they say, the best things in life are often free.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

I fixed my video for you... you should be able to see it now :)

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, Good thing cause the Elec Co got all my bux...

BBM, thankyou! OOOo AAAAh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home