Wednesday, March 11, 2009

You Rang?

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2009


BbbbrrreeerrrrRHHHHa-

Yes, that is a huge, slightly dented, fog horn located in back of an Inn up the road.
.
Yep, I had another (un)Lucky moment today. I backed into my parking space at work, n then the brake petal went limp! I'd just finished my prayers, too. Wow, talk about timing, I'd just gotten off the hightway before that. Now I'm bumming rides to work for a few days, n really low on cash again- rats!
.
My online playing around will be on hold awhile, due to the fact my anti-virus subscription has expired, n I no longer have the money to renew it, as I would've today. Now I'm avoiding all ads n unsecured gravitar sites, including most of my blog-reads until I can get updated again!
.
So altho I want to go read, now I don't dare, due to the possibility of being infected with adware n other nasty bugs. I'm limiting myself to known poisons (ESR) n won't even check email.
.
So I apologize for ignoring your wonderful writing n pics until I can get fixed up n clicking again soon, I hope. Please forgive me.
.
Wow, I'm Sooo- bored already... (*Rats)

12 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Hey, no prob.

Avast is a good free anti-virus program!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I'm glad you found out about the brakes in a safer place than the highway!

You do what you gotta do and we'll be here when you return...no need for apologies!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

you don't trust AVG free edition?
I use it, but then I am behind a cable modem and use only firefox (Mozilla)

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

http://free.avg.com/

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I'd heard there were some. Just wish I wasn't on a modem, because I don't have time this week. Thanks for the name to checkout-

Talon, thanks, At times like this it's great to still be alive! I was going fast on the highway too!
Thanks for understanding.

David, Thanks for the program name to checkout. I use IE for my browser, n the modem is ancient n very slow to download. I've been on Norton for years.
Thanks for the url- when I get time I'll work on it.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Miss you more than you know, my fine songwriting, painting, photographing, blogging poet freind.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, thanks, your fiend won't be gone long- I can't stand it!
Once you surf, you never can stay out of the water...

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

we use avg free edition, hopefully you can come back soon. And your lil truck too!

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Neo said...

God Snag, you're such a newbie...

You could always ask me for help..

Check these out. You can thank me later...

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, thanks for your imput, avg seems to be popular in my poll results.

Neo, You're still alive? Thanks (later?) for coming out of your time-warp to point me at your favs (earlier).

Folks, no time yet, been busy walking n co-ordinating rides lately. Got a fun big-truck ride home today (phew- diesel).

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Well I always was ahead of my time...

Here's another one I forgot to pass along. This is for cleaning out registry junk and temp/cache garbage. It's also free. It's called CCleaner... Most spyware/malware/trojans get in from your temp directories these days. This program is a big help. I run it after every internet session. You'd be surprised how much crap adds up. I recently ran this on a box I was cleaning out and found 2 gig of garbage the user never knew was there.

Here's the linkage. I'll send you the bill later.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, thanks for all the info.
Little Truck's bill just cleaned out my pockets... March is getting longer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home