Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stillness

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2009
.
.
.
Back in January I captured tire tracks on the frozen, snow-covered beach shown here. I really like the range of hues between the terciary colors orange n purple, n the fact they are complimentary colors, opposites. Yellow, orange, n pink are warm colors, which the eye perceives to be two-dimentionally forward, while the Blue, purple, n grey, are cool tones perceived to be in the back, behind the warm colors. That makes this pic an eye puzzler. Put simply, the colors are just nifty.
.
Now a month later, the snow n ice there has melted. So much is different.
.
I'm thrilled that it's still quiet at home. The offensive young neighbors haven't returned, I don't know why. I'm very thankful for your prayers n wishes which have been answered by getting my much needed silence. It's been over a week, n I'm hopeful they won't be back. Now I just need to recover. Maybe soon it will all fade into a dim memory, just more reason to appreciate the current quietude even more than before.
.
What a difference today is from just one month ago, opposites. The stillness is just nifty...

6 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Nature's palette is inspired, isn't it? Gorgeous pic!

I know how much you value your solitude so I'm glad you're getting the opportunity to reclaim it.

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, without the nature show here, I don't know what could pique my art-sense to inspire me, thanks.
It's such a relief not to be stressed out the whole time I'm home, just to relax a bit, whew!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Fingers crossed teh peace n quiet will last.

I enlarged the pic and saw a big, big, big mansion (or two,) off yonder. Bet there are more than a few of those around your neck of the woods.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, thanks for the crossies-
Ya the real estate out on that point in the bay is at a premium. I know a guy who lives over there- who's a tomb sculptor. I'm really happy I'm not paying to heat that place!
In my village tho- we're victorian n more modest (crowded, motels).

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

i have had quite a week, mostly good. Thank you for your prayers. I am so thankful that you have some quietude.
Have a blessed weekend, look for God's provision, His arm is not short.

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, your welcome, n I know you put in a few words for me as well, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home