Thursday, February 26, 2009

FebShort

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 26 2009
.
.
.
One thing I've never liked about the short month of February is trying to pay a regular month's bills with four paychecks instead of five. Now that pay's already been cut back to the bare knuckles, doing the Feb-bill-juggling is even tougher!
.
All these huge places around my village are shut-down for the winter. These spots are usually rocking with loud crowds in warm weather. That place with the gazebo books large functions like weddings, n you can hear it all the way at my house. Lately, this place seems like a ghost town... because there's so many closed up buildings.
.
The birds are here on holiday tho. Notice the Canadian geese on the fly heading down the waterway. Many of them winter around here. A huge Blue Heron flew over Little Truck today as I was driving down the road toward the market. The shy Terns wouldn't pose for me the other day, either, quickly hiding in marsh grass. Last week I saw some wild Turkeys at the boat ramp beach from my window, n the same day, a person driving the road toward Falmouth reported seeing Turkeys to me over the phone. The only two birds showing up for squirrel feeding at Maplebeard in the yard these days are a big, black Crow, n a tiny Nuthatch.
.
The only folks seen wandering outside in the cold today was the Diving Center guy, n a couple clamming for shell fish food across the water. The wind chill froze me again during my short beach walk, even tho it was a balmy 42F.
.
My shopping trip was very quick n light, being February. I was only about halfway thru my planned pic outing when I realized I take too many clicks... That's right, another memory card is full! *Rats! A new card is a few weeks away, due to my February crunch. So now I get to spend time deciding to delete some less choice files, or go on a shooting haitus for awhile again. You won't notice half as much as I will. The excuse of generating blog pics gets me out n around like nothing else does.
.
Motovation is getting cut short, like February, too-

7 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

you should really sell your photos.. I love them. try a place like Winkflash.com (they're my favorite) and they arrive in a speedy fashion. I bet you could make a good chunk of money with the tourists this coming season. are they going to have a flea market this year?

also.. I had to stop to let turkeys cross the road yesterday.
(why did the turkey cross the road? to get to snowier forests!.. wait.. that isn't that funny. good thing I'm not a comedian)

hahaha.. but they are all over around here, so it's not unusual.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Love the photo, Snaggle Tooth, and really glad you got a chance to get out and just enjoy snapping away. It's fun, isn't it? Do you download the pics from the camera and store them on the computer so you can format the memory card and reuse it? I do that and then I also back up the photos on disk. I've been using the same memory card now for months.

February is the short month in more ways than one, isn't it? I always find it the toughest to get through as I'm seriously anticipating Spring (whether or not it arrives - lol). Today it started off in the high 40's, but the temperature has already plummeted to 26 and is supposed to get down to 6 tonight! Darn nature and her little tricks!

Hope you have a terrific (and quiet) weekend!

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I've had that thought. I'm hoarding some unfinished frames that can be custom-painted too. I didn't make any flea markets this year, n they cancelled many due to no one paying for security.

Turkeys do seem to be thriving in MA lately (n the bird-turkeys, too!)

Talon, Thanks for your appreciation. My puter is old n running out of hard disk space, so I only download what I think I'll use. I don't like the idea of deleting the original captures in case something happens to the other files. I've been lousy at backing up lately.
Sorry to hear the weather is freezing your spring anticipation again. We're so lucky to get rain tonight!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

What, I hadn't been here yet?

What's wrong with me???

Maplebeard, very interesting name.

I do like your pictures, can feel the angst in them, smell the salt, hear those geese.

Can't you empty a memory card? Or do you save them in case of computer crashes and such?

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, MapleBeard's been starring on ESR for quite awhile, back from when I first started posting pics of my area.
http://snaggedt.blogspot.com/2006/03/cabin-fever-has-left-building.html
There's several other pics of him if you do a blog search on blogger bar at top of ESR

I'd need a memory stick for back-up. Still, I feel safer for copyright purposes having the original card files.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Using up the words.... said...

Ouch... know how that works though.

I just managed to dump an entire card full of photos, so I'm in the process of filling up again. :)

Hope you can find a way to make it through till the next one comes along.

Love this shot - the houses all look so majestic and HUGE. Must be awfully strange when they all get closed up till the next round of gaiety.

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

CJ, I'm not out of pics to use yet, but I like when I can take them the same day I post. Oh well. Most of these large houses are Inns. This year is more empty houses than before-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home