Thursday, March 20, 2008

Don't Blink

Photo by SnaggleTooth Mar 20 2008...
...
You might've missed it. That warm fifty-three degree air which I witnessed through my open truck-window for my ride home at 4:30 am. The arrival of Spring was fleeting, n proved to be only a word, not a fact, just five hours later when another cold snap moved in, with a brisk wind for those bone-chilling sub-z wind-chill temps again.
...
At least the past three days of drenching finally cleared up, n the sun was blinking through the cloud banks before sunset during my errand run.
The water here wasn't too bad compared to the midwest where deadly floods picked a new zone to attack this year.
...
Seems devasting flooding is becoming a more common occurrence in our country. Like playing Russian roulette, it's a crap shoot who it'll hit next.
Take your choice of weather-related maladies, too hot, too cold, too much precip, too little, wild fires, strong winds, micro-bursts, tornados (even out of season), n storms. No matter your home zone, we've been dealing with weather-related hardships.
...
All we can predict is, our circumstances are unpredictable!
...
Our cities, towns, n personal budgets too, are all taking a beating. The roads n bridges are a mess. Financial catch-up will be difficult for most.
...
The roads are beating on my truck. Potholes around MA are like driving around a land-mine obstacle course. Coming up with fuel n heat bux is tough, never mind new suspension parts. (bouncy ride). I'm so worn out, I don't know how I'll find my way to get more done, but I must.
...
My poor arm got run into with an over-tired co-worker's misled metal rack (not again) this week, n I'm glad it can still move, tho it has a deep bruise. I'm also greatful the three-days of precip wasn't snow, n so no shovel was required (Arm says "whew!").
...
Now, if I could just shut-off the heat devices to stop running up the bill...
n have enough warmth in here to cure paint properly... I could work on some put-off ideas, n sell a few. Oh well, not today- too busy trying to stay warm again. (It makes the paint dry with unsightly cracks).
...
Spring is on the calender day. March is (cliche`) "In like a lion, out like a lamb," (Please). We're past the middle, made it through the Ides again. There's still a need to beware, tho-
...
Beware the weather, the conditions, the spending, the tax-man, n the tired people running into us. It's not enough to watch-out for yourself, because usually, you won't see the stuff coming!
...
Back to the endless grind...

5 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Yesterday was 60 degrees here, and today a blizzard in comparison.

I am so sick of potholes, I even am getting sick of pots. I want to use my grill again!

Oh and the financial thing, the whole country is experiencing it, so so so sad...

Spring will start soon my friend, have patience...

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, 60 F would be heavenly. I am getting impatient, on so many fronts. I need a change-

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am loooovvvving the 40 degree days around here.... I opened windows today in hopes of dust flying out. lol..
Have a good Easter!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

oops.. that was me posting not my husband whose account was logged in and I didn't notice

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jay & MB, that was funny, because I read it n said, hey is that him?
(Well, you are one)! Hop-hippity Day Sugar-rush to all of you, too!
More comments is good anyhow- been slow around here awhile-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home