Sunday, November 25, 2007

Chilly Colors

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2007
....
...
...

Surprizingly, this week there's still a few colors out across the street. It won't be long now, n we'll be back in the grey dingies n fog of winter again. We just did our coldest overnight (early am Sat) so far.
...
I've been throwing my customary stale bread offerings out for the squirrels who are nearby hidernating. When they hear my short burst "Food!," they know it's fill-up time. I know there's some small birdies visiting the feeders outside my kitchen window, but although it sounded like a woodpecker chopping away, waking me up, I was unable to see thru the foggy glass today. I hate that. So does Mischief. She misses her window show.
..Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2007.
...
My location draws in the small avian species. The regular window visitors are Nuthatch, Grey-tufted Titmouse, n Chickadee. Ocassionally Finches n Downy Woodpeckers get brave (hungry) enough to perch close to the house too. I wonder how many generations of their families I've kept alive here for the past 21 years...
...
My drive NorthWest this week made me leave the sunny stuff at home behind n head into the mountain mist for almost the entire drive. Heading into the fog seems to be inevitable these days.
On my way back in the lighter, cooling night-air mist near Orange, there was bulldozer removing a poor, departed, heavy critter from the middle of the highway going the opposite direction. I could only see a belly n droopy legs, enough to surmise it was probably a horse, mule, or possibly a moose. Hitting something like that in the fog must be a horror show- The involved vehicle wasn't visible. That'll make ya drive slower...
...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2007 Right by the water here, weather can be so totally different than everywhere else, as the top of a Mountain is colder because of higher elevation, right here tends to be warmer than even a mile inland, due to the ocean water still being warmer than the air Temperature.
...
When I leave work, just a few miles inland, there'll be ice crystals on the grass, n icy-mist exhale breath walking to the car. When I get home, it's not even frozen yet, until yesterday, that is.
...
For today's Day-Off I'm sporting 3 layers n keeping the bottles in this comfy chair refilled often with hot-kettle-water. I'm still trying not to run-up the electric heat bill. As long as it's not freezin the pipes yet, I'll deal with it.
...
It was chilly out there snapping these pics of the last, lingering leaves hanging onto their spent support on Friday.
I've noticed it's tougher getting up out of the blankets n waking the fog from my brain.
...
The last, lovely, sunny tree colors will be missed from across the road, for a long season, except when I check up on Bloggy here. The Creator makes the best things for me to look at, so even in the fog, I remember nature's beauty.

6 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

How pretty.
I too have succumb to the not wanting to get out of the blankets...
oh yeah, that's everyday... never mind...

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, ya, it's pretty cold in here lately. Today I was awoken by a metal shovel scraping cement outside, which may make the best alarm sound yet!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

You are so correct! The Creator rocks!!
Those pictures are beautiful. I miss seeing the colorful leaves but I don't miss the freezing cold.

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, the pics look alot better than it felt taking them, I got chapped ... n there's still raking to do!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger ZoeyBella said...

Awesome pictures... really captures fall and all its beauty.

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thankyou Zoey, they didn't last too long after that over there-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home