Saturday, June 17, 2006

Heatin Up

A Friday full of warmth n sunshine, I had time to clean-up the deck a bit, n sort thru supplies. While sweeping, I moved the small hibachi, which used to winter in the shed instead of outside in the snow, n the rusted legs fell off! Better now than full of fire, but I was a bit depressed about it, knowing I'd have no extra funds for several weeks, n no way to BBQ in the heat. Then about an hour later, I made my calls, n checked in on Buddy, who mentioned he'd just happened to've come across a Little "Miller Beer logo" grille he wanted to drop off today! So Yes! So now I already have a better n sturdier hot weather cooking aid than I began the day with, it was free, n with magical timing!
...
BTW - The weather report this week is featuring 80's n 90's for the first time since our warm Mem-Day. It's usually a few degrees cooler here, 90 degrees F without shade trees doesn't sound good even with sea-breezes (the wind, not the drinks). I may hook-up a small, camoflage tarp as an awning, which was done before one-year during a heat-wave to help cool the house from the am sunshine.
...
The creepy crawlies are still climbing n growing, now in lesser quantities.
...
The next door R's Mom n Family from Vermont are down this week. They got free windows-open concert # 1 last night. About 3 hours of guitar n a little Violin. My hands have been better this week.
...
One adult R remarked to me about how many caterpillers were on their porch. When I pointed at the bare trees for them to look n explained What happened to the woods they all gasped, dropped jaws, n exclaimed "OMG!" (just noticing).
That was fun, watching light dawn over Marble-head...
...
I took a short tour of my village's uptown area n the bluffs Weds. The trees aren't as bare there as the woods across from my house. The town must've sprayed something on the tree trunks. The small woods across the road is Federally protected land, (why the town did nothing), due to endangered plant species like the Mayberry bush n the Lady-Slipper blossoms . There's also an unusual-looking native Holly vine which turns bright red in the fall before the tree leaves change. The most decimated victims are definately the Oak trees from the Winter moth species. The Tent varieties are on all the trees, but slower on the munching.
...
The crawlies have left the abundant, fast-spreading Bittersweet vines n Bamboo weeds totally alone, to run amok unchecked. Without the weeds n Maples, there'd be no green over there at all!
I'll get the pix developed to show ya at some point (disposable cam). Still got a few exposures left.
...
Note: I got the cam with the intent of taking "Green" summer shots to compare with the winter ones... So naturally, this crawlie thing happened to upset my plan (Murphy's Law)!
...
The good news is no people downstairs yet, maybe I'll get some sleep in - zzzz...

8 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Amara said...

Reminds me of yesterday when I wished the house could be a bit quiet so I can get some sleep. Great blog. Take care

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Amara, Thanks for the comment. I'm a bit of a light sleeper, n this place is loud during the warm season. When the house is full of people, I get very little sleep! Good luck to your snoozing!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

hope fully it'll stay quiet this weekend for ya... b/c we know it won't be in a couple of weeks

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, (Snag looks left, then right)
So far, the coast is clear!
Everytime I think "July" I groan at the thought of my non-sleeping... Thanks!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

you could be mean and unplug the fridge so that dingbat has to drink warm beer before he notices it's not working...lol

it may sound bitter, but he dieserves it.. lol

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, Ya, but he'd drink it, anyway!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Talk about great timing for your grill... that's amazing a friend would have one for you when the old one bit the dust. Yay to grilling on hot summer days! Maybe you can "smoke out" the noisy neighbors???

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, usually their smoke comes upstairs so I hafta close the windows! The houses are too close together here, as ya remember- The R's is only about 15 feet away!
July is guaranteed wall to wall- the landlord fits a tent in that space!
Now I just need some meat to grille...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home