Monday, May 29, 2006

Freedom

Ba-an-ner Yet Wa-ave by Snaggle Tooth





Memorial Day is associated with celebrations.
...
On Cape Cod, it's the local kick-off to a fruitful tourist season, n Summertime sports at the beaches after a long wait for prosperous times again. The three-day week-end crowds from the cities cram into cars n drive into town, tripling the town populations. They take full advantage of all the place has to offer. Often, the city chaos follows them here, with higher accident rates n police needed issues, sirens echoing all over town.
...
Memorial Day is a long week-end when most extended families n friends get together for parades n barbeques. On Cape Cod they gather as well, bringing the powerboats n kayaks. Visitors bike the Canal, walk all over the villages n park-lands, go camping, test the restaurants, shop the stores, n have extended house-parties without fear of reprimand.
...
It's a place to feel free to enjoy time, made possible by the dedicated local year-round residents who maintain trades n businesses here, n work hard to please.
...
I chose to stay put this year, no travel, no party, no Barbeque, no large gathering, n I'm glad to have the choice of how to spend my free time amid all these suddenly present party-goers.
...
None of the freedoms enjoyed here would be possible without the lives of veterans given in service to the cause of our country's freedom in the Revolutionary 1776, 1812, Civil, World Wars I & II, Korean, Viet-Nam, Desert Storm, Afganistan, n current Iraqi Wars.
...
I don't like the casualties of war action, or agree with some decisions that began these actions. I do however, enjoy the freedom of expression we are all allowed here, regardless. I'm grateful. I respect all the lives sacrificed for the greater good.
All have incredible value.
...
Without the sacrifices we might be cowering behind locked gates, under Marshall Law, without choices, n without hope.
...
May all soldiers of the United States of America be forever remembered by their decendents, friends, families, n country's people for their sacrifices.
May your loved ones come back from overseas safely to a more secure freedom at home.
...
You are saluted, Veterans! May they rest in peace...
... - Let Freedom Ring -

8 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Jinsane said...

Great post! Hope your weekend went well! How did it go with the "neighbors"??

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Lovely post, and so well said for the veterans. Looking at the list of the wrs we've been in, it seems like it's too many.... but then just one war is one too many, huh?

I also hope the neighbors were mindful of your space... although I doubt they have very many scruples if they play their music 24/7 at full blast. Just think, only 3 months till Labor Day, and the "seagulls" fly home.

Take care, sweetie... and I hope you get some rest from the noise level you have to endure till September.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Well said. Prop's to our men and women in the line of harm.

We owe them everything for our freedom.

Hope you rested up with the time off.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jen, Thanks! The neighbors were tough to out-last n I'm proud I didn't flip-out on 'em (yet)-

Ellen, Thanks, yeah, the list seems long n full of pain for so many.
The people I deal with here seem to have zero common sense! I'm still very tired, but TG they packed up n left yesterday, n won't be here the entire season, most of July n week-ends, tho-

Neo, Tanks! We certainly would have trouble being ourselves now without all that help.
I rested a couple hours extra Mon pm n Tues am, was my first ZZZ op!Got to rest hands more than eyes.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

hey - I have never been to cape cod, may I come visit sometime?

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, Vistors are allowed, but good luck bookin a room, expensive around here! Have ya looked up CC on Google Earth yet?
Oh yeah, If ya visit me, you'll have to curb the horn-honking habit! (That's too loud!)...

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - I hear ya. It's Friday now, and I probably should take a nap, but I'm going to go out and see if I can get over to some friends house to chill. I'll rest somewhere in all of that. You have a great weekend.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

TGIF, Neo, All I need now is a way to unwind, myself... Rest catch-up booked for my week-end, after the chores of course. You have a good time this week-end too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home