Saturday, June 03, 2006

Murky but Good

June so soon, already beginning to slip by me.
...
All week I'd log on n think I should quickly write something else to cover over the flag/Mem-day post, but kept drawing blanks after work. What's wrong with a Mem-Week, anyhow? N I like my abstract flag fragment.
...
Sometimes I wanna write what I think, other times I try harder to avoid it. This week, I was still so tired from sleep missed last week-end, I barely had the energy to keep up on my regular blog-reads. It's so easy to get behind on that facet of Blog-land. There's a handful I check every time I'm online, then all the others I rotate through. Somedays I don't even log on, then I'm further behind.
...
For the record, I always read through ALL the posts I've missed since the last visit, n try to comment unless I run outa time. Almost every night after work I end up saying "Sh--! It's 4 a.m. again!" in blog-land. (I need to find a job with better hours).
...
This week-end it's amazing I'm takin time to blog at all. I've just spent a few hours on the phone answering a lengthy LD call after an afternoon of drivin around to do weekly errands, n here I am wanting to post the minute I get the chance.
...
For the first time in weeks there's no demanding disasters to report, yay!
It's rainy n drizzly here this week-end, keeping the loud people away, yay!
It's only pouring intermittently, n stopped during my errands, yay!
I can't mow the lawn in the rain, yay!
The pollen's washed down,
n it's warm enough to keep the windows open a bit for fresh air, yay!
...
Theres been millions of gypsy-moth catepillars invading the outdoors here since last week-end. They rapel down long threads n get sticky, spider-web-like-debris all over everything, n crawl everywhere eating leaves off the trees n finding places to put up their cocoons. I must've picked several hundred off the deck already. Even the birds are sick of eating them.
Now they're all getting washed down off the deck with the rainfall.
...
It's not raining to the flooding point, only about 4 inches compared to the Mother's Day flood amount of 10 to 14 inches in the worst places.
...
Even though I had to get up n out to the Post Office n Bank before they close after only a couple hours of sleep, it still feels restful to lounge-back on a rainy, dreary day of grey...
...
It's nice to not hafta rush your sis 1500 miles away off the line for pressing matters. The luxury of her week-end cell-phone plan is the free call, n I had time. It kinda forced me to take a chill-out when other-wise I would've just kept chippin away at the chores. Of course, some putterin got done with one hand, til I got to the point of waiting cause I needed two.
...
It takes alot to slow me down once I'm goin. Sometimes I make people nervous because I'd rather not sit down most times. It's a challenge for me to relax n not become lethargic for the rest of the day. A side affect of missed sleep deficit plus allergy meds needed to make it past the pollen season. The exception is needing to rest the pounding soles when they've been bruised on cement.
...
I can't stand getting back up once I've planted myself down for the day, n why I try to be finished with the day's important chores before chillin out. It was tough but I got back up n finished the dishes n a few other odds, finally done about 11:30 pm ... time to relax once more n catch my two fav series shows, "24" n "Enterprize," (as I do this post) the only ones I can keep track of with my schedule. I do really miss Prime-time TV, especailly "LOST". It seems the only show I can catch week-nightly is Jimmy Kimmel, which has been on re-runs for the past few weeks, (so I won't watch).
Good thing for blog entertainment!
...
N Now, Back to our previous program of:
"murky but good, week-end!"

14 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

i think many of us have in blog land have slipped into reading the blogs, but not commenting as much. i've gone there too, but mainly b/ci dont' have as much time to just sit here and read unless the kid is snoozing and not dragging me away to do something. that kid of mine has tons of energy! lol...

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Well, MB, at least ya always comment here! N ya admit to your lurking tendencies... so many just keep hiding. N ya have an exellent excuse, too (toddler)!

Guess they're shy ?

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

With the amount of things we have to do and keep up with, I'm amazed that people can keep caught up on posting and commenting, then going back to check everything out again. It's almost a full time job some days.... and I'm surprised how fast the clock ticks during that time.

But I do the same as you... no matter what, I always read. Then usually draw a mental blank when it comes to comments. You should see how many times I edit and re-edit my comments! Silly me!

I loved your Memorial Day flag... and knew it was an original the moment it came up. You are right... nothing wrong with having a week to celebrate good thoughts to all those who sacrificed so much!

I will e-mail you soon so that we can get caught up.... miss you!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, it is amazing I get around to keeping up with the blogs I've been keeping track of! But when I can't, I feel SOooo~ out of the loop!

It's a motovational habit to not want to fall behind for us non-lazy folks. It's been hard finding time with this job, like it's been tough for you workin such long hours too-
But I'm not much of quiter who says "I can't." I mostly find a way "to do." There are some projects on hold, until I find better means, but not blog-land.
I enjoy being part of this virtual village we've formed, n can't picture not doing it!
I miss ya too, but slower work-weeks are comin our way eventually...
Thanks for commenting so well (must be all the editing...)

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Jinsane said...

I definitely understand what you mean. I'm not one to sit around either and, you're right, it does make people nervous!! ;o)

I'm lost without my primetime shows too - it really sucks in the summer. Which I guess makes sense, because we should be outside, not watching TV. Oh well, I have no life. LOL

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jen, People are constantly telling me to relax, or to sit down n I say I'd rather stand, n they just don't get it! I'm not surprized you are like that too...

Prime time on major networks has gotten pretty good to watch in the past couple years which I was watching, n now I work those hours.
BTW, you may have no life now, but I'm sure that'll change pretty soon! In the meantime, enjoy all the shows I'm missin, ok?!

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Oh I hear ya. I'm just getting my next chapter up at 4:30am. Geez!

We got a super downpour on Friday and Saturday. Man I was soaked! It was like rivers come down some of the side streets!

Hand in there buddy. And get those strings ringing soon. ;)

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger X said...

Congrats on all the yays! I love a yay-filled day ;)

I feel for you about not knowing what to write sometimes. I will be out and about and have a thought and want to write about it, but then when I get home I'm unispired and just either not blog or write about something inane (like black fly bites...which are still super itchy...lil bastards!).

Hope this week finds with with more time to either blog or just bum! :)

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, it's Tues late night, n pouring like buckets now - cable sound only just went out!
4:30 am? you're beginnin to sound like me... I almost never get to sleep before that.
I almost never make it half-way thru a week without gettin my hands too sore to play until Sunday pm... (need recovery-time)
What's drivin me nuts posting is when it takes til the next day to show-up on the site, lately!

OilF, Yes, those were big yays for me, thanks! I surprise myself sometimes how I start with no plan whatsoever n still end up with so much stuff... even on a boring auto-biographical week-end!
I've got tons of other writing projects WIP I'm ignoring to do it, but at least ya know I'm alive n OK!
I don't miss Black Fly season, they love me... but only when I visit Northern New England.

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - You aren't kidding, I've been working to get my chops back up to snuff. As you can see on JBI, I bought a new guitar. I went looking for a fender but the owner of the store says that fender won't sell to the smaller music stores anymore.

So with that I had to buy a knock off strat. Sounds great though. When I'm done posting my story I'm going to post a song so you'll have a chance to hear how it sounds.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I thought it looked like a Strat, I've checked a few of those like-types out recently too. I sensed recording was on on your 2do list very soon...
My Iby was a cheap one, haven't plugged in lately, hope pedal-board still works, in storage out back here. Got 4 -track packed too-

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Oh yeah, I just need to restring my electric acoustic and then I can really get cracking.

Yup, even though it's not a "name," guitar the sounds on the new guitar are pretty good. It's got 5 pickup settings, my old electric only had 3.

I can't wait to start writing some new stuff. I just hope I can get it back down. Writing JBI for the last year might have put me out of practice with regards to songwriting. Then again, I have a zillion songs I've written prior.

Hope your Monday went good.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I find I can't force out good songs, they seem to bust out when they wanna. I haven't finished any good ones for awhile myself! So many old ones, sometimes I forget how they went... (what were those chords, n opening lyric...)
Then there's the ones that'll only be good on the elec-effects...

I really need to practice them more soon-
I posted about Monday thoughts above (but after mid-night is Tuesday-)

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Rats, I hate that number-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home