Saturday, January 07, 2006

Tally Up

The sun finally showed up here, to brighten my day, along with some crisp, cold, Canadian air. After the uptown mail trip and then feeding the squirrels it actually felt warm in here after I came in. Difficult to just sit here lately, I've been movin around a bit to keep the blood stirring, n chasing the lazy cats into action..

It's def soup season again. Everyone seems to be dealing with flu n viral symptoms the past few weeks. My 3-day sore throat left today. Hope it stays away awhile. I still don't dare sing in case it leaves again. Tough to do phone calls that way...

It's amazing that I'm posting this at all, considering how inconvenient n repeditive this machine is mal-performing. I'm too dedicated to the punishment, it seems to me today. The expert opinion about tossing it may be the wise thing to do, except then it would be a very long time until the next post!
Or I could back-step n hook up the ancient machine, with the 24000 bps modem n wait hours to do things anyhow. Oh well! I've only restarted (tallied) 4 times to type this far into notepad, because the keyboard stops working. hate all the wasted typing that never shows up, wasted time n energy, n think I can remember what I was about to say after waiting for boot-up again? So If posting takes me longer than usual to update n answer commentz in the near future, ya know why. (tally-7)
I've got things to write n type, but NOT like this!...

Tonight AT 8 on ABC the Patriots are dealing with the Jacksonville Jaguars (#3 defence in the League, zone runners) in the playoffs....

No Team has ever won the Superbowl 4 out of 5 in a row yet, I heard on Sports Spotlight, so most folkz (except the fans of course) have decided the Dynasty labeled Pats probably won't win. They haven't done as well this year, having more defeats and injuries. They're in the 4-spot, so If they lose this game, they're out of the running. They still have most of the key player's who did all the work the past five years, however, I've noticed alot of their plays have been picked apart by the other teams for a change this year. They'll have to fight harder for the fame this round.
(tally-10 restarts n not even online yet...)

GO PATs!
****************------------------------*****************
UpDate:
11:04 pm after the 4th Quarter
JAX 3
NE 28
WOW! Think the FL defense is frozen because of the 20 degrees factor... They've looked uncomfortable since the 1st Quarter.
The Patriots move forward!

10 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Snaggle- So glad to hear the sore throat is clearing up... not too much fun to have one, for sure.

I loved the line: chasing the lazy cats into action. They do have a rough life just hanging around, don't they?

Just coming down from a busy weekend myself... had to spend time filling our applications for Chris to get grants for school.
I have this feeling that he may qualify for something, but not much. Thank God he's going to a community college for the first two years.... much cheaper in the long run. Besides, we told him, nobody ever asks where you went to school that first two years, only where you graduated from.

Sorry to hear the puter is still a pain in the butt... hopefully that will subside soon for you.

Drink lots of hot tea to keep that sore throat from coming back!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

sounds like you have a bunch of patience with that puter of yours.... more than i would. thanks for the pats score... we were looking for the game on sunday b/c we were pretty sure it was on.. but we couldn't find it... we didn't know what itme it was on, and the only game we found was the one on at 4-ish!... we forgot about the game afterwards b/c wehad some friends over, and evan went to sleep at a reasonable for the first time in a couple of weeks... since he got sick.... our schedules are all screwed up betwen christmas break and being sick.. i'm just tired all the time. hopefully soon we can get back into the swing of things! we especially miss evan going to bed at 8!

i meant to call you last night, but i forgot. perhaps i'll call you later!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Ellen, ya I have to scare the catz to get them to move, they're so fat lately, n very stubborn!
I don't miss the college fafsa paper chase at all, after doing them for myself, n 4 for each of the kids, could practically fill the forms out blind... just remember to make copies of everything, keep a file, n next years info you'll need in one place ahead of time to make it easier.

Hi MB, glad I helped, sorry ya missed the game, was a good one for hometown spirit. I was gonna call ya too, got side-tracked.
I wouldn't have been available for calls last night anyhow, all week have been online until 2-3a trying to get things together on this patience-buster- so slow to do anything, trying to download upgrades so have ability to remote scan, memory screwy- really don't want anymore software on here, oh well, have to fix it somehow. Just a sucker for punishment. I haven't done so many things I needed to do since Dec just because of wasting time trying to do things that haven't worked yet.
Ya know, I'm not much of a quiter!
Tally 2 restarts

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Snaggle- Thanks for the info about FAFSA. Yep... a real pain in the butt! They wanted to know about my 2005 taxes, which haven't even been filed yet. Did the best guestimate I could, and can only hope for the best from here.
I was smart enough to make copies of everything I could, even though my mind was boggled with the questions. I don't know, but it seemed like they asked me some of the same questions a few times over... then I had to remember what I put down. Luckily it can all be done on-line, and I got the confirmation today that they got the papers already.... just waiting for the signiture papers to come in (had to send seperately as it would not accept the code I was given by them, for some strange reason).

I didn't catch the game... how did it all turn out?

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -Hope you're feeling better. I'm wondering if your keyboard has a short in it. If you have another one, plug it in and see if it still locks up.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, I wrote the scores in the update section of the post, abbreviated. I realize if ya don't know the acronyms it doesn't mean much... Jaguars lost with only 3 points, New England won with 28, very cold weather for the game.

Neo, Thankz for suggestion. Strange how it comes n goes, here n there, doesn't always happen... Clears up with restart...
I thought of plugging another one in, which I have, but I'd have to move everything n get into the dust I'm allergic too, gonna wait til I can afford to be ill for a couple days, then I'll mask-up n have to clean the whole room again.
Got some impt meetings this week I want to attend, will wait til after

I also thought maybe the machine ports, boards, ect just need a good cleaning, which I gotta pay some one to do.
Or maybe a plug pin is scratched, or cord pinched n somehow moved tho encased to keep the cats away... Mysteries of the metal n silcon...

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -Nods, I'll be here when you're ready.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Oooops... silly me. I am sooo stupid sometimes!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I loaded a email for am with the fun I'm having

Ellen, I feel silly for assuming all would understand my shorthand there, it's not all you...
don't feel bad

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -10 :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home