Thursday, December 08, 2005

Give Peace A Chance

"... Life is What happens
while you're making other plans"
......... -John Lennon

What happened is, I gotta carry him inside as I continue to live, because he hadta go to forever-land...
I never planned it this way at all!

John's written a description of my life. At heart, I'm an artist, musician, n writer because of the early influence he had on me.
I've never been predjudiced because of the loving attitude he lent. I've always been anti-war, supporting the views he displayed during the Viet-Nam era.

"Make Love, not War" -John Lennon

He wrote my fav quotes. I've made artwork with his words of wisdom. I'll never be too shy to create work from live-model nude figures. I see nothing wrong or unnatural with the form our creator gave us, though the tree of knowledge n society's taught us to hide it. I choose not to throw it at those who don't want to see, but he was really public with nudity. It was John's attitude which formed so much of mine.

Flashback ... When I was three, I learned to sing the Beatles song,
"I Wanna Hold your Hand" from start to finish, n sang it non-stop, over n over along with my Big Bro's '45 vinyl record. The first tune I ever learned to sing of my own accord.

I sang it so much, Bro got sick of me singin it. He frizbee-d the disk out the third-story window, where it landed on the driveway pavement across the street. There I found pieces of it, smashed to bits, n as three-year-old, to see it broken, broke my heart!
Now the thought upsets Bro too, cause
"Love Me Do" was on the other side, n today it'd be worth a Mill-Bux... Temper never pays off, listen to John about Karma!

I aspire to find Peace, myself, but still find anger in my heart toward his assassin, for taking away the future music still trapped in John's soul. I wouldn't be as good, or as determined a person that I am today without his example ahead of me. Guess I'll hafta wait til I see forever too before I get to meet him.... "Imagine!"

11 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger cityman05 said...

It is great to have someone influence you life like that and lead you on to do wonderful things.

Elvis has always been an inspiration to me. He came from a backgound much like mine and amazed the planet. I introduced my daughter to his music when she was just born. The doctor said moving her around would ease her colic, so we danced to Elvis every night. By the time she was 6 months old, she was really moving to the music.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi BossMack, thankz for the visit. Come on back again!

CityMan, It's amazin what a positive influence music can have on us all. My kids grew up knowing Beatles n Simon n Garfunkle, did school projects on 'em - then grew up to buy me gifts of their CDs! MB was a colic baby too... Elvis was cool too!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

"Life is what happens while your're making other plans"... truly one of my favorite quotes, and one I say a lot.

I used to listen to my brother's 45's as well, and loved the Beatles music. To this day, Abbey Road" is still one of my favorite albums.
I always loved Johns words, and Pauls voice, and felt bad when the band broke up... it seemed impossible in my mind that they would do that.... then truly sad when John was killed

Very nice post, Snaggle.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thankz Ellen, I wasn't gonna do a tribute today, but then after reading JBI n MBI, n knowing how the event is still affecting me, thought I might be better off sharing a bit...
I listen to revolver CD on my PC often. Got tons of LP's n cassettes too!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

After Checkin out BossMack's site, I deleted his comment/link, cause ya don't wanna go there!
that bad! a gangsta! n a conceited woman player too...

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Just Jess for now said...

The Beatles were obviously way before my time, but their music still is appreciated. Somehow, through the fluff they call music today, the classics survive. Don't get me wrong, there are good bands around now, but sometimes certain moods will set in and one can only listen to the Beatles, Elvis, Journey...etc etc

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi J & J, welcome to my spot. I agree that there are times the tunes are made for. Good call!

Really, without Elvis n Beatles, the whole genre n evolution of Rock n how it's beat's comprised verses with a bridge wouldn't exist, because they pioneered the entire writing style, setting stage for the Stones n all the rest after! they are responsible for all of it!
John, though was more special to me n my evolution than any other music creator.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Jinsane said...

Great Memories Snags! John was one of a kind!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ya Jen, n he inspired me to be the same way...

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

i would like to comment on behalf of my mom, that for some unknown reason during this incredibly weird thunder/snow storm we had... my mom's monitor decided not to work.. she says it's acting like it has no power, so if she doesn't post it's b/c her puter is out of commision

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thanks MB, I appreciate your message on my behalf, n your advice to keep trying after it's down awhile
It's on! It's working! YAY YAY YA !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home