Sunday, November 13, 2005

How Fast It Goes

I've returned successfully from my 300-mile week-end field trip to the Berkshires. The leaves are all down n brown throughout the mountains. Got stopped on the way up in Irving just a few minutes before my destination, by a Statey going 58 in a 40 zone. I looked him in the eye and explained I didn't see the 40 sign, and thought it was still a 55 mph zone. I would've down-shifted if I'd seen it, then commented I was unfamiliar with the road. All of which is true. It pays to treat officers like regular people, plus he prob noticed the zero speed-tix on my record in 25 years. Was I SOooo relieved to get a warning! Of course on the way back all the cars were on my butt because I was going the speed limit through that town, had to keep pulling off the road to get them off my bumper...

Went to visit my eldest grandson for his 2 years-old "family" Pahty. The fuel prices have dropped off to approximately $2.30 per gallon, still, making the trip is most of the gift. It's your presence, not your presents, that count. New toys are always good though...

I was the only representative from the mom's side able to attend. Of course they live much closer to the dad's side of the bunch, who were there. They're fortunate to still have some great-grandparents n great-aunt. I am the elder generation on my side. We'll see more of my siblings, nieces, n nephews at the next upcoming national holiday. I guess he'll get a few additional gifts at Thanx-Day like the rest of us pooled-together-birthday-folks like me n my bro. Only a couple of weeks away now. Xmas time, next month, is a whole diff pool bunch, which the younger grandson will end up in.

I'm kinda depressed because both of my sisters aren't coming up from FL for any holidays at all this year as originally thought. It's been five years since my birth family has been in one place at the same time. I'm sure it'll be fun anyway, but it just doesn't feel the same...

Anyhow, it was good to see the little guy having so much fun, beginning to talk up a storm, n growing older so quickly. How fast it goes, n before ya know it, they're graduating high School...

5 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -Good going getting out of the ticket!

Glad you had a good time. It sucks when you can't see certain relatives you'd like to. I go through it every year at christmas.

Your right, it's about caring enough to go, yet some people sadly don't see it that way.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi BBM,
I was way too tired for pop-ins last pm. Today's DB's b-day, (M) so going over there this pm, n DBjr is down from NB 2. At least he has blasting heat over there. Hey RayR said there was a fire n bust at shellpt-Apts last night.

Both fleennie n Carolel n kidz all decided they don't have the bux to make it. After saying they were gonna all year... At least Barb n gilz'll be there.
Wasn't I just so cheery this am grumble... I'm glad some one's excited I'm gettin so old...

Hiya Neo,
don't think I've ever mentioned getting out of about 20 tix so far that were all warnings! One I did get, I went to court n got out of because I was stopped a few ft before a 20mph sign, n wasn't speeding but in fact carefully trying to find my left turn. I'd been to a bar for music but not drinking that night. Guess the dude was lookin for drunk drivers at 2 am, n I wasn't one...

The sad part about the family situation is the 5 sibs were always together every other thanx n every Xmas Eve until my mom was no longer there to insist on it!
Lately some of us have felt out-cast from the usual group, the team is forever split. Some now great-aunts n uncle haven't met my grand-kids yet...

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

thanks for coming up and visitin gwith us! we had a great time... what a surprise to hear that the floridians can't make it up... too bad.. haven't seen them since kristen's wedding! it'll be nice to see the down easter's though!

it'll be a good time anyway... any idea what you'll be bringing if anythign?

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

i'm bringing a chocolate cheesecake i bought off some nurses kid at work!!!! hahaha.... unfortunatly i'd bring something else, but we're still with out a stove while waiting for the gas heat to be hooked up.... oh the joy of the hot plate.... ahhhh.....

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I hafta bring BB-onions... was thinking I might try rolls also. em Jane (@quik) what ya can do, we'll try not to make her do it all... BBM, maybe you could bring some healthy fruit drinks?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home