Friday, November 25, 2005

You've Been Punked!

"Punked!" Is apparently an MTV show, where they do rude things to people on camera, telling them they've been punked... as in meanly tricked = funny...(for the disher)!I've never seen the show, not having access to premium cable or satelite channels. I get the economical, bare minimum, basic TV set-up here...

My lil Sis had to explain this to me on the phone last night, cause I couldn't understand what she meant by everyone at Bro's house last night was punked on the phone as it was passed around to everyone in attendance. She also announced her n Big Sis would forever be remembered as "The Drunks on Turkey-Day" n they didn't care! They were apparently having so much fun they laughed for hours straight... n they had been drinking heavily. They did seem pretty rude, also! But we're all used to this behavior, as normal-party-mode for them, anyhow! One of them would say hello, then pass the line to someone else, so you'd guess n then be wrong who ya were speaking too, sometimes other people like their friends... very strange!

Well, I'm glad she explained it to me, because I went to see the much anticipated promised Turkey-Day pic of the JBI blog-master, Neo, which I'd already expected to be some sort of trick having known that blog awhile now, and surprize! Just like the famous unknown comic, Neo was wearing a large paper bag over his head on which was written "You've Been Punked!" I venture to guess it was some sort of MTV viewer challenge for the holiday... ??
Punking seems to be a popular activity this year...

The Northerner-family gathering went well. The traffic was moderately slow n heavy, but moving. My two grand-babies were entertaining and had a good time. It felt good seeing all the folks I'd been missing awhile. All my nieces n nephews are so adult now, n all good, like-able people. I got to bring back alot of meal left-overs for later, yay!
I still need to make my own pie for home. I'm going to need the stove on for heat anyway. We're in the 30-degree-range today. Down to the teens are forecast for this pm. Guess MB got several inches of white-fluff-stuff up in the Berkshires to drive home too. They'll get to go out n play in the snow. I'm not venturing out-doors until tomorrow. No driving heavy machinery for me today, took some allergy meds to speed up my reaction recovery. As soon as the dizzies go away I'd better start-up the excercising weight-drills, n start working off some of these mega-calories, but not today...
Then it's up early n out for Sat am for a truck inspection appointment.

12 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I knew you'd remember the "unknown comic" from the Gong Show... God was that really so many years ago?
That was my first reaction when I saw Neo's picture, and kind of suspected he'd pull an "unknown" Neo on us... now being called "punked". Too funny!!

Smart to stay home if on the meds for allergies... they'll make you dizzy for sure.
Take care and stay warm in the cold weather... we've been having some cold snaps here as well.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Ellen,
I'm still unable to find the clean-bagged away ear-band from last winter... This am was frosty! at least I found the old gloves, really needed them! Took a long time to get the truck warmed up for inspection, like 15 degrees bbrrhhh!
Chuck Barris n the Gong Show, late 70's, I think... He at leat coulda put eye-holes in the bag!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

opps

least!

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Using up the words.... said...

Hey Snaggle...

Glad you had a good day, and enjoyed catching up with the family. Good stuff, huh. Warms the soul. :)

Good luck with the baking - you amaze me with that oven of yours!

Take care and stay toasty warm.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thanx, Using Up the Words,
My oven is a bit of a challenge. I'm a problem solver, though, n the pies came out alright. Without layers of tin foil and much patience it'd be very charcoaled!
It's been over 18 months since I saw some folks, so it felt good. Hope ya made up for missin this holiday NZ style.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -Hope you're feeling better. I'm a little off today too. I'm waiting to get out of here so I can pickup my prevacid, my gut is killing.

Glad you enjoyed that entry.

Gong Show, oh man, I just got flashbacks!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Jinsane said...

It's amazing how fast the little ones grow up, isn't it? Especially if you only get to see some family once a year or so. Time really flies.

I'm glad you got to bring back some leftovers - nothing better than a turkey sandwich the next day. Yum!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

hiya Neo,
hang in for the acid-cure. Turkey always does it to me, as does tuna. The only holiday drawback, n I keep eatin lots of bread tryin to prevent the acid from gettin the stomach lining.
Ya, I'm glad my lil Sis explained Punked to me!

Ya Jen,
those cute little kids are all over 20 now, n got better jobs than me!
My Fav sandwich is turkey, stuffing, n cranberry sauce, Yum! Try it sometime... I never like to use any Mayo. Even with beef or turkey I'll use Italian dressing or mustard with lettuce or plain instead. Prob still one more day of turkey left...

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -Yeah, I picked my meds up tonite, so I should be ok soon. Glad you liked my prank. :)

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I need all the entertainment I can get, Neo! Glad ya got relief, finally!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger flleenie said...

You had to put it in writing!!!! Thanks alot!!!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

well Fleennie,
Realize some people still haven't connected the id dotz...
I thought it'd be a good idea to explain it to the people who don't know what it is! I know I'd be baffled without the explaination...

Ya haven't commented in so long, I thought ya weren't readin anymore... Ah HA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home