Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Here Birdie, birdie, birdie!

With the Turkey-Day heading in and only one get-ready day left, it's possible I may not find time for awhile to post! I'm heading out of town to Metro-West for the big day, currently the weather guys are predicting an inch or two of some a.m. white-fluff-stuff to drive through on the way. At least there's no High school football game I need to leave in the middle of. Good thing, because before I leave I need to cook up a few things, n I really hate not watching the second half.

The Northern Clan'll be gathering at my Bro's house, where there's enough room for everyone to eat sitting down. I'm sure the babies'll have a good time meeting their adult second-cousins again n getting a great deal of attention from all. It'll be good to see the folks we haven't seen for a year n a half, even though the Florida division n the Maine-deer-hunter will be making separate plans.

I'll really need to devote some heavy-duty time to food prep. I just hope I don't scorch the home-made rolls too badly, my biggest challenge of the day. What's slowing me down today is it's impossible to sort cranberries n use the keyboard the same time... Thanx BBM for the supply of fresh fruit to spice up the pie, bread, n muffins this week. I love cranberries. I worked on the bogs for nine seasons before I attended college full-time. That's when I learned how to be creative with them. MB already made the sauce to bring for dinner.

I'll be watching Ted Kopple's last NightLine after the news tonight. There goes another fav soothing news voice to miss at my day's end. For 26 years his nightly follow-ups n unique stories gave me alot of current insight into world events. I've posted about topics covered on that show many times. I hope he gets to enjoy some of his retirement. He's certainly earned it. Excellent job Ted!

Have ya ever taken turns going around the Thanksgiving table giving a reason you're thankful?

I'm thankful for many things:
another year of life, people n animals to love, a fun family, good friends, my talents and abilities still intact, good food for dinner, and I'm thankful I had the ambition to begin my blog this year... ect, ...!

Have a very good Gobble day!

9 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Amen!

:)

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

A very Happy Turkey Day to all... may you eat plenty, and enjoy each others company around the table!

Loved the story about the cranberries... one of my brothers lives in Plymouth, and took us to an Ocean Spray tour one year on a visit up. Lived there for 28 years and never went, come down to ATL, and now do the tourist thing when I come up to visit... too funny!

Thankful, yes... for many things!

Drive safely (no real need to tell you this, but I'm a person who says it to everyone on the road... as if it's my "safe" prayer for them), and enjoy your holiday with your family!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Jinsane said...

Be careful on your drive. Hope you have a wonderful Turkey Day!

We usually have about 20 people at my parents' house and it's our family tradition to go around the table and give our reasons for being thankful. It's usually sad, intense and then awesomely hilarious! Of course, we're doing shots of Amaretto in between. It's a real classy affair. LOL

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo,
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your snow!

Ellen,
I sent 9 years of cranberries to Ocean Spray, but never took the tour!
I can use all the safe travel prayers I can get, looks like a slippery ride both ways! Thanxs!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Jenius,
We're having MB's homemade wine this year (hope it's good). We'll have about 25 people at the dinner. My Bro's wife's other family side is over 50 people when they do it (last year)!
Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Using up the words.... said...

WOHOOOO!!!

I love your creativity, and your passion.

Hoping you had a great ol' gobble day, and safe travels. SNOW... how awesome!

Catch you when you get back.

And yes... SO MUCH to be THANKFUL for. :) Cool beans

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -Happy thanksgiving right back atcha! *huggerz*

Have a safe and fun trip.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thanx after thanx Neo, I'm home, just dealing with reactions today. Maybe I'll post again later...
Just read up all over again!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag -Just bring it!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cyber huggies...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home