Thursday, October 04, 2018

Harbor View

Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018
Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018Autumn n October have arrived. There have been just a few cooler nights requiring hoodie use, but for the most part, temps have been warm for New England. No frost yet, so the plants are still waiting to turn, n the bugs are having a field day. 


Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018

Everyone is ready for Halloween-themed decorating, n stores were set-up for the hand-out candy at the beginning of September. But every time I get to the store to buy a mini-real pumpkin for a buck they are sold out!


Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018

For me at work the Fall food jump includes a switch to pumpkin flavor goodies, for which orders are already large. Probably it will keep me sore until after Thanksgiving time. I hate working on those products... They are messy!

Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018



Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018

I've been polling folks about if I should post a video of a large spider I took during a walk last week fat Halloween time on FaceBook. Would folks get angry about it? I would include an arachnophobia warning for the cringers. I will probably post it, tho. I like it. I do not ever kill spiders.

I have one friend posting her Boa Constrictor support-pet pics, that I'm sure some folks don't like...



Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018

So far I've been unable to put my cam videos on blogger successfully, so I can't use it here. They are the wrong format. FB is easy to do for those.
I have little time to play with that, so not posting so much.

I have been absent from FB about 2 weeks now. I plan to spend catch-up time, but it does eat-up too much time.
I'd like to get off the Busy-time train...


Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018

That Daylight Savings Fall-back an hour time isn't happening fast enough for me. My hours got changed a bit having me leave for getting there on time at 2 pm, n not getting back home until 3 am. Wish I could take vaca, but not possible yet.

I haven't gotten to any far away festivals for Harvest time, because all the local ones we used to have got axed.

Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018

At my place the owner currently has 9 dogs with some loud add-ins this week. That woman is too overboard with this project! It's too much work n I can't sleep through the noise. Then she's getting snippy with me because she's tired, ruining the quality of my limited free time. I can't even read.


Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018

I'm way more sleep deprived than her, n she has the power to not take so many animals. She keeps saying she doesn't mind, but obviously she does! Besides that, I didn't sign-up for it, I'm being forced to live with the owner's decisions.
More is going on with stuff I can't stand I won't post, but normal folks would have exploded on her by now.



Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018

This new apartment place opened across town, but just the 1 - bedroom apartments are going for over $1600 per month, without utilities. That's crazy living  money...
There is still an affordable housing shortage here, with waiting lists. I would like to move now!
Looks like I have to wait more or get paid alot more.

Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018

This is the view from the sidewalk near the main beach in the village harbor. I still go there to pick up P.O. box mail every few weeks.

Hope I can get more peaceful me time in soon so I can stop complaining here... Yep time away is good!




Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2018

5 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger colleen said...

Boom! Love the colors. The bugs are having a field day here too and the fungus. It was the first year I couldn't grow pumpkins. They died at the root before they made fruit.

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

It's warm here, too. I'm a little ready for fall weather. Crazy that it's so warm.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Colleen, Thanks. Yes, the mushrooms are going to town here too! Sorry about your missing pumpkins. My cukes did that. I tried planting a mini pumpkin full of seeds , but it never sprouted. There may be a weasel out there. Tough garden year, even with the chix wire!

Lynn, hope you get some cool days soon! This extreme weather / Global Warming trend is getting scary with so many huge storms! Hope Your niece does ok with Micheal today! prayers for that plantation.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Dropped by to say hi.
Fun is hard to find.
Still hang in there.

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Yep it is hidden most of the time.
Like a bunny scurrying away to the bushes.
It's there somewhere, just beyond reach.
thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home