Thursday, September 08, 2016

Waves

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2016

The last summer Season Week-end was muted by reports of looking out for the storm. Still work-orders were high. I had a heck of a time working extra-long plus waking up early to see some folks visiting the area, n am trying to recover on these days off, back to regular scheduling finally.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2016
 Found some tiny zucchini n another deformed (twisted barbell) cuke out in the garden this week. The tomatoes fell over a few times in the wind, but is still producing some good ones. Made a crock pot of stewed with garden oregano last week- adding pasta, n ricotta to it again tonight. So good, but glad I'm not depending on crops to eat all year... Farmers n the Cranberry crop will yield way down here this year.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2016
 Yesterday the storm has thrown a very little bit of rain n drizzle, in between bands of blue sky, 90F degrees every few minutes. Will still continue today. On the week-end a few local folks reported excellent fishing. Someone at work got 50 in a half hour, n his freezer is full for the year.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2016

A shame you have to pay for a salt-water fishing license here now. No such thing as free food anymore. Even the garden costs alot for seeds n pest control these days.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2016


The waves in my pics From August used in today's post were much larger than the ones observed the Labor Day at the end of my road beach, during the closest Hermine winds were here from off-shore. No flooding or damage to speak of anywhere up here. We were lucky n unimpressed.


Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2016

Yep, those little ones are part of my extended family. They were entertained that way for quite awhile. in turn, they entertained the troop of adults behind them.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2016
 I'm trying to stay entertained with movies. I Watched "World War Z" with Brad Pitt, another Zombie flick- n "Super 8" because it was directed by JJ Abrams, n produced by Steven Spielberg. It was about kids making a Zombie movie. I actually made a short horror film on 8mm film back in the day. Wonder where I packed it... in storage somewhere. Yep I recommend "Super 8" for Sci-Fi fans due to an invented alien from Area 51 in it. Plus it was well done.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2016
I always say I'll make a Zombie film first, because there's such a huge fan base, especially around Halloween time, One of those would pay for the rest of the less popular genre films I have listed in my backlog que... Even Arnold n Brad are doing them.  Doing projects in waves is the answer- I'm sure of it.

Now all I need is free time n that winning lottery tix. I just scratched up $100 on a $5 one. Magnify! 


Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2016
(made the altered from this one)
N now, back to waves of everyday life...

5 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

I love the distracting joy of children in the summer on the beach. Our weather is much like yours right now. We could use more rain as well!

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

The kids look like that are having a great time in those waves!

50 fish in 30 minutes is amazing! It's a shame you need a licence, but I suppose if you catch enough, and eat them all the time it could be worth having one. I don't eat fish.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Your mind is definitely full of wonderful and creative ideas. Wish you could afford to tinker with all of them. Love the little children on the beach. That is happiness isn't it?

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Woo hoo! You won a scratch ticket - wasn't that fun??? I love those.

And fun in the waves, looks like. :)

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Yep, I like watching the kids, even when not mine. we have upgraded to the red "severe Drought" zone this week. We need more than 4 inches by the end of the year to get bumped off the driest year ever on record now!

LLcoolJ, They love that place, but are too cautious to go way out, which is good n safer. I don't enjoy killing them, so don't fish. I usually don't eat it either. But think folks should be able to eat free when starving here.

Gran Annie, yep, me too- I have so much backlog piled up I would need an army to get to it all.

Lynn, I like winning, n feeling lucky too. More fun in the foamy bubbles for sure, n I spent alot of time with my legs in there too. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home