Thursday, June 30, 2016

Nautical Sea of Flowers

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2016

I like how this one came out looking like copper-work...

They are living up to the nickname we gave them as children.
"Army worms" (or Gypsy Moth Caterpillars) have destroyed most of the tree leaves the past few weeks. Shade trees are tough to find these days. Only those lucky to have been treated with insecticide have recognizable leaf shapes.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2016

I used "Seven" powder on the tree trunk out front, but my room is still very hot today. I've been harvesting a bumper crop of strawberries out back, n can't keep up with them during my workweek. Alot are being tossed due to plentiful slugs. 

wish I'd figured out to head them off earlier. I remember reading about beer-pool traps, but have yet to sacrifice a beer... n my pest books are buried in the book piles here someplace... Guess it's another thing I need more time to look up online again. One hour per week is never enough internet time. I hate getting cut off. 


Image by SnaggleTooth June 2016
Work is gearing up for huge 4th of July vacation orders. There are so many new work folks that seasoned ones get befuddled as our routines get interjected by those not understanding our system of keeping order n progress ongoing without causing extra clean-up work.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2016

I have been over-stressed, n as always questioning if I can continue the intense pace. While the rest of the world is having bbqs, having Independence Day vacation, n watching fireworks, I'll be working for OT bucks.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2016



It always seems I'm the only one not on a long week-end. When you live in a tourist zone area, hay must be made as we work like horses while the crowds are here.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2016

Onward to July...



Image by SnaggleTooth June 2016

I spot
 a cat in a corner,
green butterflies,
n turtles -

anything else?
Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2016

A yard I walk past sometimes.

6 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Love the nautical look of that border around the garden you walk past. And I see a cat and a turtle - maybe martians?

It's July 5 - I hope the crazy rush is over now.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I need a new railing around my porch and I think you just helped me decide what it will be. Love the new colors again of your altered photos.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I don't know how you cope with only one hours internet a week, that must be so hard. I like your altered photos. I hope you manage to eat some of the strawberries before the slugs get to them!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, thanks. I thought I saw Siamese-twin-head aliens. Really needed my down-time this week- It's all easy from here.

Gran Annie, Hope the railing goes well. You mean the rope? That one is so thick- Thanks. Again I picked these out of about 30, thanks.

LLcoolJ, I was so spoiled before, now I know! I like to copy long posts to read while home. I even cut out some slug-holes to eat the other half. Here is the first problems I've had with them. I probably got over 5 pints from the garden- made sauce, jelly, short-cake, froze some, gave some away (the good ones). Now the ever-bear ones I brought with me are producing about 3 per week. Good thing I like them alot. Can't have enough whipped cream n vanilla yogurt (made pops). When I get home today, I'm eating more. Thanks

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Loved your random sentence on Words for Wednesday. Hope you will keep joining in.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

n Annie, hope I find time n inspiration again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home