Thursday, July 07, 2016

The Cost

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016

The cost of staying independent is high for me these days. I give up my sleep, family time, work on holidays, n have too much to accomplish on a back-log list. Without working my job from Hell I have no way to pay rent n stay in this area.

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016
 This week I have paid n then some. Still working on recovering. The OT in my pay will help me save more needed funds for short - term goals, but still I think winning the lottery jackpot is my best way to hurry n solve  all my pressing problems. I'll be buying more mega Millions tickets today...

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016
Sometimes I wonder why I go thru all this, n I think of just taking off somewhere else for awhile, but the truth is I like it here n want to stay. Most local folks here are friendly n kind as you do business around town. Seeing familiar faces in my travels is a perk I like in my daily life.

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016
The more I bump into folks n hear of their trouble paying to live here, struggles with health issues, n fighting with the disability system denying them for barely survivable funds, the more I wish I could hit the jackpot n help them all pay to live for awhile.

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016
 Getting older the way life is these days can be a tough pill to swallow. I wish I could help take away some of my friend's stress, n mine as well.

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016

 I'd like to just kick back n enjoy some of this sweltering heat, but darn it's a low - tide day! Instead I'll be out walking in it no where near the beach.

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016
 Traffics been so low in blogland lately I wonder why I bother posting, but I like my familiar blogger folks too. I had to return my library dvds n go get lottery tix anyhow. I watched Jurassic Park IV known as "Jurassic World," n "The Kingdom of Heaven" directed by Ridley Scott with Orlando Bloom n Liam Neeson about the start of The Crusades. It was a very gory film with parts difficult to understand, I think, tho I liked the actors.

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2016
"Find the Cost of Freedom"  " from the "So Far" album is one of my favorite Crosby, Stills, Nash, n Young  harmony tunes. I love the way Stephen Stills plays the guitar instrumental. If there's ever a memorial service for me I want them to play that track because I identify with it.

5 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I so hope you get a break in the work issues or can find time to look for another type of work. You have been stretched to the limit this year and I think some Yoga or meditation is needed to get through the coming hot days.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Gee, gosh, golly...I hate it when I can't fix everything for you. If I win the lottery I will send you some money. Only problem I don't buy lottery tickets. You have done absolutely fantastic on your pictures today.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I know how it is to be stuck in a job that is not right for you. That's a very hard job you have - I hope for some time off soon for you, where you can relax.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Sounds like its definitely time for a new job, either where you're at, or in a cheaper part of the state.

CT is like that as well. Expensive to live in and semi-impossible to survive in.

I Are Writer!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, so far the only change options I have found are too drastically not me- That job is bad for everyone there! No time off allowed all summer! thanks

Gran Annie, Thanks ditto on the jackpot funds for you! Thanks for enjoying my pics.

Lynn, Well I do get all my needed exercise there- That's the only benefit. They are trying to push out all the old timers n not pay unemployment. Seems I only get stress added ontop of it. Thanks

G.B., Folks around here have given up on getting anywhere comfortable. The american dream is unattainable, even for folks like me working their butts off, but easier if you accept less n go on govmt aid...What's wrong with this picture? Where have employee rights gone? I'd run into several old folks who are homeless that day... Good luck to you there in CT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home