Thursday, July 14, 2016

Water's Edge

 Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016

 Difficult to believe it's already halfway thru July.



 Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016

This week I finally made it back to the beach in my old village for a short visit. I'd intended to swim n skip shopping, but my plan changed. Not only was it so windy, but the beach was more crowded than I like. Also I did need to get things at the store for the up-coming work-week, n won't go to the store with wrecked water-hair.

 Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016

 So I only got half-wet, walked around a bit, n headed to the store for errands only to discover most things I wanted were sold out. Luckily the still had my bread, but I'll need a separate trip for sinus pills which I'm out of.

 Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016


 Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016

 Lately I've noticed I really feel like an outsider around the village these days. The atmosphere seems different n more tourist-y if that is possible. Like everyone in sight has tons of money n the everyday folks I'm used to can't afford to relax there. They aren't at the beach, but all working like crazy.


 Image by SnaggleTooth July 2016

There were tons of families with children everywhere, all out on summer vacation n as usual I was the only one in a hurry on a limited time schedule. I don't use sunscreen n want to avoid getting burned anyways.

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2016

I like this pic of this beach section by the pier alot. Not only is it almost in focus in the windy conditions, but barely anyone is recognizable, plus the hovering seagull is visible. Tough to judge what I'm doing when the strong light makes the screen tough to see. (I don't know any of the folks there). 

Hope I get back to the beach again before summer is over...

7 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

wet hair no no all dry
still can we go back
yesterday is always
today changing
tomorrow unknown
No going back
and yet we try.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I find it hard to take photos midday when my camera screen appears blank. I usually just guess and shoot a few photos and hope.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I've lived in the same neighborhood in the suburbs of Atlanta for so long now, I always wonder what it would be like to move away and return for visits. Odd - I think. My family in northern Florida is lobbying for me to move down there - I just can't imagine moving away.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

i'm sad that I won't be able to visit until labor day- hopefully :/

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I never want to move back to town and love being near the lake, however as I age I believe the time will come when I need to be closer to my kids. I try not to spend a lot of time out in the sun yet just going in and out taking care of the critters caused me to get sunburns. It is great when you catch up and comment on my blog posts. I always look forward to what you have to add.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...


My long hair gets very tangled....

Tabor, I seemed to have the only actual camera there. All others had cell phone n were all taking shots. All I do is a guess until I get to the computer to see if the focus is ok.

Lynn, Someone is telling me constantly to move to FL, but I can't take 80F for two days, never mind all the time! I know this is my spot- any away would be temporary. I couldn't even go across town without the odd feelings!

Erica, I haven't had much free time at all all summer. I'm tired n just want to sleep, but looks like sleep skipping in Aug too- Hope you get to visit n I can see you.

Gran Annie, Glad you noticed i try to read it all- just wish I had more comment inspiration when this stupid timer starts alerting me time is running out! i copy n read you at home too- Thanks

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

If you think that beach is busy you should visit a few British beaches when we get some sun. They are packed! I hate it. I'd rather sit in my back garden and enjoy the peace, well before the neighbours start drilling and grinding!

Why don't you wear sunscreen?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home