Thursday, September 01, 2016

Seawall

Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2016
Turns out last week's on-line hour wasn't enough time to comment everywhere I'd like too- There's so much to check n look-up it's all a big rush here.


Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2016
 The pre-paid phone was priority, n the site got updated again so I couldn't find what I usually do. I can't stand wasting time like that. I didn't get to three of my fave bloggers, did read some tho- Sorry about that. Being on a timer is getting really old...

Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2016
This week the Tropical Storm Hermine, (named after my gorgeous, deceased Auntie), is aiming for the west-coast / pan-handle area of Florida. I have two sisters living near Clearwater, who I'd just seen a few weeks ago...


by this seawall in Marshfield MA used in my pics today.

Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2016

I trust n pray they will be spared damaging winds n flooding concerns anticipated there-

This Seawall has been battered by many a storm n kept folks homes in this section intact for eons.  

Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2016


It was a rare occasion to see all my sibs in one place after so long. It was a good family memory day, with no wars, n lots of grand-sib kids to play together in the waves. (Mine weren't there).  The relative's home nearby will likely be sold soon, n we'll miss that spot as a gathering place.

Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2016
 
Renting a house for a week there now goes for about $1800. I'd visited this beach area way back as a teen, when a friend's Mom rented a  cottage for $500 per week.

Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2016
We all seem to take living near the sea for granted, between Maine, Mass, n Florida coast-lines. We've all been fortunate n Thank God for allowing us to experience this wonder throughout our lives.  


Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2016
 The space, the smell, n sounds of the open- ocean beach can bring peace n serenity to the soul- on a fair-weather day. Lately,  the unpredictable natural disasters striking everywhere makes where you choose to be a crap-shoot.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2016

Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2016
 Strange that it's possible (tho unlikely) that this storm as depicted on the tv weather report, could possibly visit all of us sibs!

Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2016

My future blog pics may show some more of these beach scenes in the near future.



6 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Wow oh wow, what a delightful post. Wonderful tale of family gathering and beautiful altered photos. Loved it all especially Snaggle Tooth's unicorn.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, we like drawing with chalk. Thanks- glad you recognized it. The kids liked it too.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

That sounds like such a wonderful time! I'm so glad you got to do that - family time is the best, isn't it?

Love that last altered pic the best and LOVE your chalk drawing!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, It was good to see them all. Tough to get them in one spot! Funny how when I was young I bemoaned family gatherings because I wanted to be with friends. Now all those friends don't stay in touch. That pic reminded me of a storm, Thanks.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Love your chalk drawing!

Glad your family gathering was such a success!

I don't know how you cope with only and hour online each week!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Thanks, it was very fast with no erasing too- I'm not doing much basically! But always check the blogs- Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home