Thursday, May 26, 2016

Bbbbaaaaa Booom

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2016


We're approaching that over-worked week-end again to begin the Summer business Boom. Summer heat made an early appearance here Wednesday, n I didn't even need a hoodie doing errands for first time this year.

I'd like to say the extra days off to begin my week had me more rested, but I never did get much sleep.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2016

A co-worker I've known for about a decade died in a horrible traffic accident, leaving small children n a wife. I also work with his brother, so I skipped that day of sleep to attend the funeral.

Then Pipes at the house broke, so
Got woken all day with pipe fixing right out my window n in basement under the bed only 3 feet away!




Image by SnaggleTooth May 2016
 Got super grumpy. Still am, tho folks at work don't understand making sarcastic jokes doesn't mean I'm happy, but trying to deal with all this crap. Like in the show "*M*A*S*H*." I feel like Hawk-eye, like seems like I'm doing too much that I don't want that doesn't matter.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2016

 Got alot dug out n planted in the back garden. Already having fun with a multitude of insects eating it all, like slugs n ants, plus caterpillars. The Gnats n Mosquitoes are out in force already too.

I put chicken wire or hardware wire over all the plants. Suspect a bunny may have eaten my first $4 zucchini plantling, n the bugs are still taking pieces after using "7" dusting powder. "Midnight Madness" Petunias out front again, n new impatiens are still alive. Sprung for a little "Chocolate Mint" plant today. It just smells so good, like a Girl Scout Cookie!  

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2016

For Mother's day I got some "Smart Pots" which are different, feel like fabric. Got some planted to see how it goes.
I also got a beautiful, custom made Mother's Charm bracelet with birthstones on it.


Past week at the Library got first 2 "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies, last seen ages ago on VHS at the old house. Now need to find the 3rd dvd I know is in my room somewhere, because I prefer seeing the entire series of everything.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2016



Time for everyone to gear up for Memorial Day Week-end. I know I have a good flag pic on my cam somewhere. Found it in a March file...


Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2016



Remember n honor all the fallen heroes of the Wars that gave us our country n freedom.


As is Said in a toast led by King Theoden of Rohan in the "LOR The Two Towers" film, (n often rattling thru my mind); 



Image by SnaggleTooth May 2016

"Hail the Victorious Dead!"

... for all death is not in vain

8 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

around and around you fly
for your pipes and bugs
and all of us that did not die

you are right freedom cost
for those that died
we will morn their lost

yet to those that sent us to war
I ask you this was it money
the only thing we died for


like you said Have a great weekend

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Boy, you've been a bus little worker bee (of sorts) these past few weeks. Sorry to hear about the loss of your co-worker.

Father Nature's Corner

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Sadness and stress. But oh such beautiful art for Memorial Weekend.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger APG Jamie said...

I'm sorry to learn of the losses and grief that have clouded overhead, once sleep returns you will be on the mend
xo

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis,
All the way 'round the Mulberry bush,
The monkey chased me 'till I cried.
We may not realize what we got
For the running,
seems we didn't get away clean.
But after ward
we hope the monkey,
will give up! Thanks

G.B., I work hard at being the opposite of lazy, but wish I could just sit still all the time! Thanks

Gran Annie, More n more stress this week. Of course i'm not saying the bulk of it here. I like the Stars crop n bunting thing, myself. Thanks

APG Jamie, Sleep seems to be an elusive bird these days for me, i hope next week I'll get some. Thanks.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

So sorry to hear about your co-worker - that is truly so tragic!

I planted that same chocolate mint in a terracotta pot - it smells just as good as you say.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Those are so cool, those photo morphs, the colors stay so true and vibrant.

I'm probably a little grumpy too from sleep loss. But this too shall pass, once the good flea drops arrive and I stop getting bitten during the night. The stuff the vet gave us is surprisingly not very effective. I'll go with what I know and can rely on, what we used with our previous dog, which should be here in the mail Monday. Meanwhile, another flea bath for poochie and spot-spraying the rugs and upholstery.

Bunnies and other critters -- stay OUT of Snag's garden!!!

xoxoxoxoox

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I'm still feeling the loss, thanks. Yep, love that mint, n the bugs are leaving it alone!

Jannie, I think it's the juxtaposition of colors that makes them nifty. You grumpy? I can't picture it! Hope the fleas don't find my bed anytime soon here, now there are 2 dogs n 5 cats... Yep, something's been feasting out there- even the bean leaves aren't safe! Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home