Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Fishin'

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2014

One guy is out there most evenings just fishing around to see if the big ones are running in yet...
Heard tales of some Stripers being spotted here this week. 

Today a Beluga Whale was spotted in Gloucester harbor, n a 18 foot Great White was filmed from a vessel in Sandwich waters of Cape Cod Bay. I myself noted a small. translucent jellyfish at the boat ramp beach today. Suddenly the water is heating up, n here come the sea critters!

Blogland has slowed way down this summer... but I'll keep doing it, especially when I get a fun image to share like this one. Enjoy these long summer evenings while they last! Pic is from last week Day Off, still unprocessed, straight from the cam.

Update: I heard on Fox news tonight about a pod of Orca spotted off the island of Nantucket, the second species of displaced Arctic sea mammal found off the coast of Massachusetts this week! The Beluga whale is currently in the Taunton River, as read about on the  Mystic Aquarium Site. My theory is the young whale was chased  by the orca,  or other large predator long distance, so the whale is hiding...

6 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Ahhhh - I feel such peace just looking at that straight from the cam photo. Just beautiful. I hope that guy gets his fish.

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, one evening soon he'll get a Striper, which need to be 29 inches to keep, n in August he'll get a Blue. I used a card reader to upload the image to another persons computer. I made it larger for a change, to see the fisherman better. Taking a long time to load on my machine tho-

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

You are to fortunate to have these wonders taking place in your part of the world.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Very interesting stuff! Weather conditions are mixing it up around here - N I bet the storms there are keeping your part of the world busy...

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Better a striper siting than stripper. (to me, anyway.) :)

So glad to have some time today to blog on the fast computer at library. Home one bogging down again...

xoxox

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, I had to edit the word "Stripper" out which I posted by accident! This thing is so slow, it took a few minutes! Prob will get me some hits! But will disappoint the seekers of thrills... Funny you should mention that! Hope you get a home one going soon! I had to skip posting this week due to messed up connection- n T-storms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home