Thursday, April 18, 2013

No More Please

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 17 2013

The sunset scene was peaceful tonight, but my heart still feels heavy unrest over the Boston Marathon bombing event on Monday. It's just unfathomable why someone would want to take innocent people out like that.

Having grown up about 15 minutes away from there, makes it an old home attack in my mind. Many years myself- I've spent by the side of Comm Ave along the route n cheered on runners all day long. It's an everyday folks n fund-raising event. So many were victimized on different levels, from life to limb, to finishing the culmination of 6 months of training, robbing most in attendance of their goals, n all who are witness of their peace of mind.


Now all this other violent stuff is going on: Poison in the mail to Washington DC again, a huge explosion of a fertilizer factory taking out over 100 homes near Waco TX., yet we're still 2 days away from the 19th anniversary when we almost expect more copycats looking for this fame from insane n unjustifiable violence.


Image by SnaggleTooth April 17 2013


It's time to knock it off n start respecting life without seeking to destroy others. If only we could get those doing it to stop...

I admit sometimes I fantasize of shooting somebody getting on my nerves- But my weapon of choice is a Super-Soaker water gun filled with milk...

10 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

So few can bring so much destruction.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I am hoping that explosion last night wasn't intentional, but it seems to close to this week's events. So scary - this world we are living in.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, If that was my 8 yr old grandkid I'd prob be out of my mind with rage- I'm mad enough about it now- Sad way to make as mark on history

Lynn, I hope not too, but evidence will be tough to track with the size of that huge blast- It is right near the Waco TX Cult fire incident years ago on the 19th, too. I can't get rid of my ominous, paranoia for this week- I'd like to be wrong... Thanks

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I know, it's just one tragedy after another at the moment. What a sad world we live in, that a few people can cause so much destruction. My heart goes out all those who've lost loved ones.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

The Texas explosion could probably have been prevented. With no funding for safety inspections for decades we get what we pay for. The Boston tragedy is because the perpetrators do not see the runner as people by symbols of something they hate. It is awful and we have to stay calm because in other countries this terrible stuff happens every day.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, It does seem like rapid-fire killing events lately. It's the first targeted USA sporting event tho. I've attended that Marathon for decades of my life, so it really affects me. It will be a long recovery road for many victims. Bless them all. London's Marathon is next week- Hope all goes well there. Thanks

Tabor, The Texas explosion thing is really scary! Lets hope other companies pay more attention to safety. It's common knowledge you can make bombs from fertilizer easily- so much Methane-

I think all violence is due to disrespect for others lives. Apparently now when we help charities at the marathon, we need to be ok that it could kill or maim us. or our loved ones.
It shouldn't be normal or tolerated anywhere- I'm a Patriot n will stand up for that belief. I'll keep searching for methods of solving the issue. thanks

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Yeah, it's depressing...and the thing that always upsets me is the randomness...like, how could you want to kill people you don't know?? I don't get it...

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, I was depressed before this- now I don't even want to do anything - There's no predicting the next one. I don't see the fun in what the killers do either- Just crazy stuff!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Or fill it with Elmer's Glue.

Been thinking of you especially today with Boston travel in and out now shut down. Wonder if it affects your commute any.

But 1 killer down and the 2nd being hunted at this minute.

You can't mess with Bostoners!!!

But really, all you can do is be the peace you'd like to see.

And laugh some. Or preferably -- lots!

xoxoxo

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I like the milk visual better. Plus it won't hurt unless your lactose intolerant n it gets in your mouth. It would just be humiliating n smell sour after awhile.

I don't need to go near Boston for work- good thing! So many folks lost pay with that lock-down. But yay they got bomber guy 2 n it's over now- whew!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home