Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Making Ripples

Image by SnaggleTooth 2011.
.
Now That I've been sufficiently satisfied with chocolate delights of insanely inexpensive truffles n Ghirardelli squares, I feel a little better...
.
The weather folks all changed their minds about the temps warming up, n so I changed my mind about getting up n out early to do a bunch of errand stuff. The fiesty winds were loud, n gusty, betwween 35 to 50 mph. It made so much random, rattling sound around the house, I didn't rest well at all- never mind the single-digit F wind-chills.

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2010 .
The bargains to find out there in Retail Land have been plentiful. Amazing all the discounted items I found today, all for less than the price of a gallon of gas! (aka petrol fuel). I even scored a package of chicken for less. But the prob was, that I'm out of pre-mixed "Poultry Seasoning" I like on it. Last time I bought it was under $3 bux too. But not today- It was over double that price in a small container... I had to say nevermind, n to several other suddenly hiked up items too.


Photo by SnaggleTooth 2010
.
The fuel for Little Truck is killing my available bux lately. Then there's the numerous repair list making very slow progress, n maintanence of course. Paying for the electric heat will no doubt clean me out soon enough with the temps we're having.
.
If only funds were unlimited to take advantage of all these abounding bargains I'm finding... Seems there always has to be the thing you really need that'll cost too much to make up for any savings tho-


Image by SnaggleTooth 2011 .
N to make up for early things not done today, I'll have double-time 2-Do s tomorrow... (but at least it'll be 20 degrees warmer out.)
.
(All same pic from Feb '10)

8 Comments:

At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really do like what you do with these shots.
You put so many interesting images on one subject

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Yay for warm weather! And chocolate. :)

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Chocolate is one of my best friends :)

The ripples of sand and water - what amazing shots, Snaggle!

They keep dangling the promise of above-freezing temps here...but when the day arrives, they push it further back. I can't wait to go outside and not have to be bundled up!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Strawberry Girl said...

Thank you for stopping by my place, I love you're art!! :)

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

ArtsWeb, Thanks for saying you enjoyed my altered images. You should see the ten I discarded...

Lynn, Warmth is finally expected for Thursday. I'm eating way- too much chocolate! (it was so cheap!) Thanks

Talon, I always prefer the really smooth n dark chocolate, n I've been washing it down with hot cocoa too... The same day n place as the shadow portrait, shell, n rock shown earlier, btw. Thanks
That's what's up here also- tooo achy in the cold gere lately- Hope you get melted soon too!

Strawberry, Always on the hunt for good blogs to read- Thanks for the return visit! Thanks

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Life is but
little things
small bargains
here and there
cost to high
for us to pay
but still a
bargain overall
Life is high
fuels not cheap
for cars and homes
it saps us clean
yes tomorrow is
a brand new day
and none of this
will go away

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

You speak to my heart on these cheap chocolate and chicken delights. I see bargains only on tea lites here, post-valentines.

Hope the chinook treated you well.

And that petrol prices will drop. Drill, Baby, Drill, I say! Or let's all go solar for cars and homes.

xoxo

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Thankyou for your poem, you understand quite well. Was too cold to be outdoors, My patootie has frozen well...

JanF, It's the only time I get my faves all year. I still have a big bag of tea candles from a sale years ago- We are having a 2 day thaw now! Yay! I'm about ready for a horse here... how about a hamster-wheel driven motor? I made a short film about that once. "Lester" the movie star was BBMs first hamster. thamks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home