Friday, January 28, 2011

Bluff, Pier

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2011
.
Yep, another big snowstorm hit the Cape yesterday. Everytime I turned on the computer, the house power died just after start-up finished.
(The gazeebo up on the high bluff- Yes, these are color pics too)
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2011
.
I'd planned to post up all these newly processed pics, n wanted to hurry n upload, but never made it that far, start-up after start-up, like 10 times! ! I finally gave up resetting the monitor (unplug, replug) n the vcr (channel scan) every few minutes n just left them off. You would've seen these a day ago-
(View above is to the right from the bluff's edge of the front beach)
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2011
Yep, there's more snow now than shown here...
I'm so glad I didn't have to work during that nasty storm. I made it to work n back ok tonight. The main roads are good, but the side roads n the work parking lot were very icy. Walking was really skating!
(Standing in the same spot, panned left to the pier- Look at the sea ice between the Short Pier n the Beach)
..
Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2011.
.
.
.
.
(Taken on the pier)
.
.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2011.
.
(View left of main beach from the pier)
.
Looks like it'll be a long winter...
Is January done yet?

11 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Wow they are beautiful shots though, but yeah the snow is depressing after awhile. I'm glad ours has all gone.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Stunning photos, Snaggle. The gazebo shot is just gorgeous! I guess that somehow find some beauty in the snow is a gift...and probably helps us maintain our sanity. :)

Please be careful on those slippery roads and walkways!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Hard to understand what you’re going through. It is 38* right now and will get up to 68* today. You can see green grass trying to grow up through the dead grass.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

A couple more days and January will be done. Beautiful pics. I'm glad you were home safely.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Snow.

Feh.

Pictures.

Fantastic as always.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Thanks- Yours is all gone? That didn't take long- My yard's been snow n ice since the week before Xmas- a month now.

Talon, Thanks. I think those are the best of my walk that day, but there's more pretty stuff for later, too...
Roads ok so far, but 3 folks have fallen in the parking lot at work already- much ice!

Ellis, Lucky you seeing green stuff growing, n up to 68? I'd open my windows for that.

Lynn, Thanks- it actually snowed a little bit again tobight- just a slipperry dusting over the ice tho- n doing good so far.

G, ya mean snow- another 2 feet in CT right? Can't get you out of the snow bank this week again. The pic taking does motovate me to get out walking. Thanks

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Cloudia said...

You take me somewhere DIFFERENT for sure. Lovely work




Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Clouda, Thanks for your visit! Must seem like another planet to you! Thanks

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Really nice photos even though I am sure you are sick of snow. Those of us who have had just a few short storms can really appreciate this beauty. Hope the power comes on to stay.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Dearest Snaggle,

I hereeby pronounce that January will be well and truly done this coming Monday!!

Amazingly gorgeous scenes, Snag. So peaceful looking.

Skate-walking can be fun. You got good sturdy boots?

xoxo

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Welcome to ESR comments! Thanks. I think it's a challenge getting good snow pics. We've already had 42 inches this winter! The Cape used to have very mild winters- The power is good right now... n holding!

JanF, TG it's almost over! They are predicting another huge storm for GroundHog Day- how Ironic is that? I don't have boots, just heavy hiking shoes with double socks. n I only smashed my knee once this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home